User Tag List

First 152324252627 Last

Thread: Bin Laden dead

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    The popularization of the concept of death, which is the current reality, is just something I disapprove of. I also disapprove on relying on a single man's death for "relief." Were and are there other actors besides Osama that caused or is currently causing these tragedies? What does his death really mean? What do you think?
    If Osama was allowed to get away with what he did, other would be terrorists would be inspired to expect pleasant outcomes for their deeds.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhCdlygmSJ4"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    lol omg

That is awesome and close to how I'd imagine Obama actually is. I like the guy.

From the pictures of viewing the operation I'm pretty sure that him and Clinton had live streamed images of the raiders getting him out of his bed and whatever resistance went down and the shooting, they looked shocked at the proceedings anyway, which was good, it wasnt just a video game style at one remove deal which I think a hell of a lot of people treat news like this as.

I would say that I dont think it misses the point to attribute so much to one guy, its possible to exaggerate the structural and cultural underpinnings of movements like this, they arent always that organic and in this instance I think it was a one man show, he created it, he bankrolled it, it was his adventure.

The terrorists of political islam I think are more comparable to criminal gangs or even politicised prison gangs, than other historical armed struggle groups with definable, negotiable aims and objectives.

Banned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    istj

dude i'm not even american, i don't understand how any of the processes actually work. i was just posting funny pictures. some people take things waahaaayy too seriously. but i pretty much agree, how retarded is that? obama is not responsible for killing ubl? of course he is responsible, it was his operation. obama is p cool yo. i saw his speech though he messed up like 5 times, i wanted to make it a drinking game.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    If Osama was allowed to get away with what he did, other would be terrorists would be inspired to expect pleasant outcomes for their deeds.
    I would love to see the reactions if one of Saddam Hussein's sons helicoptered in on Kennebunkport, shot a Bush and dropped him into the sea on his way back home - for all the deeds the Bushes performed in Iraq, you know.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Yick, this whole idea that his death is beneficial squicks me out so bad. Maybe it can offer closure to those who lost family to Al-Qaeda organized attacks, but the American people should not be whooping and hollering about this. As a friend of mine put it, "blood lust is blood lust". The conditions that make the world vulnerable to fundamentalist ideology still exist, and the organizations formed under these conditions still exist. One man is dead, and the world is not really better off because of it.

The only reason I can think of to celebrate is because it gives our dear President a fairly palatable excuse to ease up on this "war on terror" madness. I just hope he uses it.
    This is possibly the most sensible post in this thread.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

So Obama doesn't want to have the pictures of Osama Bin Laden to be published? Okay. In that case, Wikileaks will do it.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I want to say that I think this picture is probably going to be among the flag on Iwo Jima and Thích Quảng Đức lighting himself on fire.

Damn, haven't seen that pic until now. That's intense.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I would love to see the reactions if one of Saddam Hussein's sons helicoptered in on Kennebunkport, shot a Bush and dropped him into the sea on his way back home - for all the deeds the Bushes performed in Iraq, you know.
    Obviously, both sides think they are in the right. But what relevance do that have on whether retribution against Osama was appropriate?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Obviously, both sides think they are in the right. But what relevance do that have on whether retribution against Osama was appropriate?
    In a case like that the wiser one of the two has to step back and to endure injustice so there's a chance for the conflict to be resolved. If both sides scream for justice for forever, it will probably end in the end for them both.

You are lucky I am happy to see Osama dead aswell for the things he did in New York, otherwise I'ld have to shoot you now and drop in the Ocean
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]