User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

Thread: Bin Laden dead

MBTI
    INFP

so they threw out the body to sea...so theres no way for independant identification?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    As much as I agree, I don't see much issue with celebrating, because most people don't see it as a celebration for a death of a man, but more of a huge step towards ending this long battle. I think those that ARE celebrating it, are celebrating it because, as you said, it is somehow giving them closure.
    I see what you mean. I think it is totally misguided to think that this is a step towards ending the battle, and I would rather see America reflecting soberly than celebrating, but people do probably see it as a positive thing. Maybe it is not so much bloodlust.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    Does anyone else find it odd that Hitler and Laden were confirmed dead on the same day, but 66 years apart?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    No more than C.S. Lewis dying on the same day that JFK was assasinated.
    He killed a bunch of our citizens on "911", and was himself killed on "MAY DAY"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    True. Hardly any justice with the 72 Virgins grinding on his johnson. Dammit, we fail
    I always thought it would be funny if the punishment for them was that those 72 virgins (as the view of them becomes clearer) turned out to be some sort of demons with "johnsons" of their own, and use him (or any other Islamist terrorist) to grind on them.
    Ironically, many of them have chided Westerns for being so "earthly" (afraid to die like they are willing to), but with a "reward" like that motivating you, you can't get any more earthly.

As for whether we should celebrate death; I'm not throwing a party or anything, but it sure does bring more of a sense of closure than having him just get away with it and live happily ever after.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    so they threw out the body to sea...so theres no way for independant identification?

I guess, just let the sharks identify it!
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    What a weekend this has been in terms of world news: Royal wedding, Pope beatified, Bin Laden confirmed dead.
    Thank goodness it's over. Otherwise we might have seen Sarah Palin announcing she is pregnant with twins, or Kirk Cameron coming out of the closet, or Donald Trump testing the waters for a presidential ru....

oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I guess, just let the sharks identify it!
    Osama: In death, as in life, spreading pain and indigestion everywhere he goes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ???

America can accomplish anything we set our minds to. We wanted to kill one man and it only took us half a million innocent lives to do so....but we got him!

I understand this is a symbolic victory but it infuriates me how limited our scope is regarding what happens during our Middle East occupation.

"Parents who would never know the feeling of their child’s embrace. Nearly 3,000 citizens taken from us, leaving a gaping hole in our hearts."

3'000 people died on 9/11...a tragedy, yes. Conservative figures estimate civilian deaths in the Iraq war to be over 500'000 and over 4'000 of our soldiers while Afghanistan estimates list 48'000 civilians and over 1'000 soldiers. Who should we offer up as a symbolic sacrifice to fill those gaping holes in millions of hearts?
    "Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand."

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What I'm curious about is the impact that Bin Ladens death is going to have for U.S. security. What about the other side that could seek revenge? To what extent should the USA tighten its security measures and for how long?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
    Has anyone seen Osama's dead body? I saw only a fake picture... I find it so weird that the americans already buried it in the ocean, so quickly, where no one can see...
    Now really, is there any proof of this...?

MBTI
    INFP

My guess is they will try to get Obama re-elected with a good scare campaign

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I see what you mean. I think it is totally misguided to think that this is a step towards ending the battle, and I would rather see America reflecting soberly than celebrating, but people do probably see it as a positive thing. Maybe it is not so much bloodlust.
    Completely agree, the road is long. Thought, it makes sense to celebrate achievements, as one would with finishing part of a large project, or finally getting that promotion they wanted. This is how I see it. That is not to say that a LOT of people aren't celebrating for the death, rather than what it means.