User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

Thread: Bin Laden dead

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    SEVENTEEN PAGES TOO SLOW, EDGAR.
    It was worth repeating
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

This should have happened in 2002. I find the flag waving distateful.
    So we have chopped the head off of the old snake, but after 10 years, the snake has had thousands of babies, all deadly.
    So I see no cause for celebration.

Banned

At least now I'll stop hearing 'Where in the world is Carmen Sandiago?' every time they mention Bin Laden.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

[YOUTUBE="RQrQr136jgc"]We Got Him[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think it was inappropriate of my country to take his body. It should have been given to his family for burial. It becomes a human dignity issue at that point that goes beyond judgements of Bin Laden having committed/instigated evil acts. He did have children, and they should have been given the opportunity to bury him.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ha! I don't believe a single word. Fuck them, what am I supposed to believe that on good faith??? What a bunch of bullshit.

“The fight against terror goes on" Bullshit, "terrorist" countries have oil. How convenient.

Irak had nuclear weapons...and now Obama's dead....yeah right.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Scientifically(technologically)? Sure. Socially? Can't say. Just two entirely different cultures, to which I don't see one as being 'right' or 'wrong'.
    Warning video is graphic.

[YOUTUBE="tzZF1HqsF3A"]Stoning[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Yick, this whole idea that his death is beneficial squicks me out so bad. Maybe it can offer closure to those who lost family to Al-Qaeda organized attacks, but the American people should not be whooping and hollering about this. As a friend of mine put it, "blood lust is blood lust". The conditions that make the world vulnerable to fundamentalist ideology still exist, and the organizations formed under these conditions still exist. One man is dead, and the world is not really better off because of it.

The only reason I can think of to celebrate is because it gives our dear President a fairly palatable excuse to ease up on this "war on terror" madness. I just hope he uses it.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    IsFJ

Heard the news yesterday at midnight. After browsing through the thread, I don't know what to feel about the event. Not that I did in the first place...

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Yick, this whole idea that his death is beneficial squicks me out so bad. Maybe it can offer closure to those who lost family to Al-Qaeda organized attacks, but the American people should not be whooping and hollering about this. As a friend of mine put it, "blood lust is blood lust". The conditions that make the world vulnerable to fundamentalist ideology still exist, and the organizations formed under these conditions still exist. One man is dead, and the world is not really better off because of it.

The only reason I can think of to celebrate is because it gives our dear President a fairly palatable excuse to ease up on this "war on terror" madness. I just hope he uses it.
    As much as I agree, I don't see much issue with celebrating, because most people don't see it as a celebration for a death of a man, but more of a huge step towards ending this long battle. I think those that ARE celebrating it, are celebrating it because, as you said, it is somehow giving them closure.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Warning video is graphic.YOUTUBE
    I refuse to watch this.