User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Thread: Bin Laden dead

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You're not being honest. It's exactly where your thoughts lead to, if you couldn't give credit to the "secular" to that extent. And I don't want you to kill either. I'm just pointing out your own hate.

Funnily, I'm a Christian, just like you. I just didn't need to announce it. Thanks for bundling me in whatever construct you've imagined though. It's not bad to be called secular to me. It means I'm sitting here with the rest of humanity... I'd like to think because I care about them. Rather than think everything good or worth striving towards originated in one institution. That's not even remotely how history or civilization has worked.
    You know the quickest way to end a conversation with me is to tell me what I'm thinking right?

MBTI
    INTJ

His reign is over

Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Well I suppose that there'll be no population or energy crisis once the can of whup ass that sort of shit would provoke is unleashed on the middle east/africa/any other place fool enough to harbour supporters of that shit

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    His reign is over

SEVENTEEN PAGES TOO SLOW, EDGAR.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    USA just need 384 563 768 279 $ to kill him but hooray.
    Can you give me tritype titles for those numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    entropie-

I'm going to say I'm not totally sure I understand what you mean by "not the only nation to persuade the Jews" (are you referring to throughout history, or in the 30s and 40s? Does persuade mean kill? I don't mean this antagonistically, I assume your first language is German), but I am not exclusively referring to them. I am also referring to gays, political dissidents, the handicapped, and racially non-ideal people according to the Nazi party (in particular, that last category and the political dissidents would mean a huge amount of death assuming no violent opposition occurred)
    I believe he was aiming to use the word "persecute".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Has anyone seen Osama's dead body? I saw only a fake picture... I find it so weird that the americans already buried it in the ocean, so quickly, where no one can see...

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I for one feel some sense of closure as a result of his death, but only a little bit. In an ideal world, I'd have had him capture, brought before an international war crimes tribunal (not at all dissimilar to Nuremberg) and held responsible for his crimes.

Of course, in such a world I'd also be a billionaire and married to Hayden Panettiere Such is life I suppose.

On a serious note though (and I haven't seen Mr. Obama's speech on the matter yet so he very well may have touched on this) but I hope our leader, as well as the leaders of the other countries in the world, understand that while Osama was a very important cog in machine that is "terrorism"...the machine is still running and still going. We've got a long ways to go to beating the ideology that is producing monsters like bin Laden and we need to continue to push forward for changes that will get us there. What those changes are though, is beyond me.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Great, he's dead. I'm more curious as to how you bury someone at sea?
    Well, they say he was given a burial at sea in compliance with Islam, which means he was bled dry, wrapped in a traditional blanket and thrown into the sea - head pointing towards Mecca - at sunrise. It is written in the Qur'an that the deep sea is Heaven on Earth, and to enter Heaven you must be pure. Blood carries the filth of the body around and thus it must removed from the body before entering the deep sea. This is actually why we haven't had any muslim scientists on exploratory submarine expeditions. Makes me wonder what other areas of science are barred from Islam.