User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Thread: Bin Laden dead

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont condemn the saints. I condemn secularism.

I dont believe the reasons why an Christian believer would feel the need to embrace or support secularism are valid, if I take a small sample of what are usually supplied as reasons to support secularism, its respect of minorities, its respect and care for the marginalised, its division between canon/religious law and temporal order, diversity or disparity of opinions in public life, those things all existed prior to the present age and epoch, they didnt need secularism. All secularism has been is a flag of convenience under which the anti-religious, those most antagonistic to religion and athiests have been able to try to pull up the tree of life by its roots.
    Spoken like a true zealot. =) You define secular in such a way where it's a catchall dumpbucket for anything remotely revolting and bogeyman-like to you, and at the same time, thieving and hording whatever is good about humanity to yourself and whatever it is that you claim to represent. It's easy to condemn the secular this way.. when there's no room for anyone to be right except you and your kind.

Carry your thoughts to their furthest conclusion: This "secular" of yours has absolutely no redeeming value. None! It must be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Spoken like a true zealot. =) You define secular in such a way where it's a catchall dumpbucket for anything remotely revolting and bogeyman-like to you, and at the same time, thieving and hording whatever is good about humanity to yourself and whatever it is that you claim to represent. It's easy to condemn the secular this way.. when there's no room for anyone to be right except you and your kind.

Carry your thoughts to their furthest conclusion: This "secular" of yours has absolutely no redeeming value. None! It must be killed.
    I dont believe the secular world has any redeeming value, I dont make the leap that you do to killing, in fact that's a pretty secualrist attitude to adopt about religion to be honest.

We'll not agree on this so there's little point carrying on the discussion, you're a pretty good example of a secularist though.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

lol. now I wish *I* was drunk.

... well, I think secularism and religion both have potential issues in how they're implemented.
    Any bogeymans are what we create for ourselves.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Maybe Osama saw Trump's hair and surrendered. Not even a jet airliner could put that thing out of its misery.
    Jesus Christ, I said "Obama".

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont believe the secular world has any redeeming value, I dont make the leap that you do to killing, in fact that's a pretty secualrist attitude to adopt about religion to be honest.
    You're not being honest. It's exactly where your thoughts lead to, if you couldn't give credit to the "secular" to that extent. And I don't want you to kill either. I'm just pointing out your own hate.

you're a pretty good example of a secularist though.
    Funnily, I'm a Christian, just like you. I just didn't need to announce it. Thanks for bundling me in whatever construct you've imagined though. It's not bad to be called secular to me. It means I'm sitting here with the rest of humanity... I'd like to think because I care about them. Rather than think everything good or worth striving towards originated in one institution. That's not even remotely how history or civilization has worked.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You're not being honest. It's exactly where your thoughts lead to, if you couldn't give credit to the "secular" to that extent. And I don't want you to kill either. I'm just pointing out your own hate.

Funnily, I'm a Christian, just like you. I just didn't need to announce it. Thanks for bundling me in whatever construct you've imagined though. It's not bad to be called secular to me. It means I'm sitting here with the rest of humanity... I'd like to think because I care about them. Rather than think everything good or worth striving towards originated in one institution. That's not even remotely how history or civilization has worked.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Hooray is only for efficiency. This was just wasteful.
    (irony)
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to see if there's any evidence of nuclear weapons being trafficked with Al Qaeda. It may be a bluff, but it must be taken seriously. This will escalate into something new and hopefully less terrifying. At least it seems our compulsions driven by embitterment have evaporated, and the icon of hatred has been removed. New closure and old beginnings.