User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I guess there should be different computer for the basic "dodge an object" kind of a radar, then another for the traffic light and vehicle communication. The first one wouldn't be connected to the net, and would have no connection whatsoever, then it could be trusted to dodge the object and slow down even if the other computer was hacked.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kriash View Post
    I just don't think it's something I would wish to do. I don't mind if others do it however. Just don't call me if your crazy auto-pilot car drives you to the middle of the desert and breaks down, or causes a 12 car pile-up(Okay, I say that, but if someone called, I would go get them >.<)
    Ah c'mon a little sense for adventure has done wonders to everyone so far

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I guess there should be different computer for the basic "dodge an object" kind of a radar, then another for the traffic light and vehicle communication. The first one wouldn't be connected to the net, and would have no connection whatsoever, then it could be trusted to dodge the object and slow down even if the other computer was hacked.
    You'ld getting problems with your CEO cause you build to much expensive hardware into your cars. Besides since you are living in modern capitalism, you can cloak the access rights to your onBoard computer as a lets call it "security license" whichg you then sell for billion of dollars to concerns that intrest that. Maybe apple, they have with their ipod a walking surveillance system already.

You really need to start thinking like a capitalist !!!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

A vehicle that relies on electronics would need redundancies, much like a website should (note should). If there was some form of electronic failure or software inconsistency, then a fail safe would kick in.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    A vehicle that relies on electronics would need redundancies, much like a website should (note should). If there was some form of electronic failure or software inconsistency, then a fail safe would kick in.
    Ya that's what the design paper says, but the recent corporate sales revision has forced department of costs to cut down on the parachute for the parachute. So we'll have to sell our customer basically only a lot of hot air, but make that really expensive !! Really, marketing and sales always have to do the real engineering wonder

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You'ld getting problems with your CEO cause you build to much expensive hardware into your cars. Besides since you are living in modern capitalism, you can cloak the access rights to your onBoard computer as a lets call it "security license" whichg you then sell for billion of dollars to concerns that intrest that. Maybe apple, they have with their ipod a walking surveillance system already.

You really need to start thinking like a capitalist !!!
    Well, yeah... But I guess it would be such a bad thing to have headlines about the robot car killing people that they'd have to get the cars a lot more safe than the ones going around today (with berserk drivers).

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Well, yeah... But I guess it would be such a bad thing to have headlines about the robot car killing people that they'd have to get the cars a lot more safe than the ones going around today (with berserk drivers).
    Thats true hmmm... then we'ld have to make the robot attack so big that noone survives it

Ya that's what the design paper says, but the recent corporate sales revision has forced department of costs to cut down on the parachute for the parachute. So we'll have to sell our customer basically only a lot of hot air, but make that really expensive !! Really, marketing and sales always have to do the real engineering wonder
    Are you serious that they cut redundancies? Are they crazy?

Imagine this in court:

"But it wasn't my fault that those 30 pedestrians died. Diode 2b497xx7892h malfunctioned".

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Are you serious that they cut redundancies? Are they crazy?

Imagine this in court:

"But it wasn't my fault that those 30 pedestrians died. Diode 2b497xx7892h malfunctioned".
    If you buy your goods in Germany you can always be sure you have 15 redundancies. (actually I was trieing to create a strategy to sell my products now )

If you buy your goods in Germany you can always be sure you have 15 redundancies. (actually I was trieing to create a strategy to sell my products now )
    Grrr...you Ne doms!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

For some reason, while I read this thread I am getting an urge to watch iRobot...I think there may have been a crazy auto-pilot car in that movie.