User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

Yeah, I was thinking about that...I guess it doesn't even really matter for me since I don't really drive. I prefer public transit. But honestly, if they want to use us as free surveillance, they're going to do it whether we agree or not.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't think that you need a camera to do this. Why not a radar? Simpler data would mean simpler programming as well, I think. Of course if they want to make people paranoid by having surveillance cameras everywhere...

I don't like the idea of being watched. I do like the idea of cars driving themselves.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

If you know that our current technology is still so primitive that we need a chip having multiple tiny photodiodes looking if light shines on them or not and by that representing images of a pixel, a little magnet would already do the trick in scrambling surveillance gear. Good old mechanics tho in the car, will still enable us for some time to get away fast from any kind of surveillance

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

As long as you can shift from auto-pilot to manual driving, that sounds good!

In reference to cameras in the car, not a chance. Our driving habits are already tracked via black box.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

I would not ride in a car that drives itself, even if you were supposed to be able to switch to manual. What happens if it doesn't switch, and you are stuck in crazy auto-pilot mode?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Pull the levers to the right of your seat and eject ! Then watch your car exploding from the air. You'll never get as close to an explosion like then

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kriash View Post
    I would not ride in a car that drives itself, even if you were supposed to be able to switch to manual. What happens if it doesn't switch, and you are stuck in crazy auto-pilot mode?
    The problem with cars driving themselves is that it requires cars to communicate with one another. What happens if someone hacks the system?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    The problem with cars driving themselves is that it requires cars to communicate with one another. What happens if someone hacks the system?
    Not necessarily, a good traffic guidance can do well aswell. Hacking tho is possible, thank god that it is

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    I don't think you need cars to communicate with each other, instead, using sensory devices. But vehicles would have to communicate with some form of traffic grid for red lights, maximum speed and other conditions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

I just don't think it's something I would wish to do. I don't mind if others do it however. Just don't call me if your crazy auto-pilot car drives you to the middle of the desert and breaks down, or causes a 12 car pile-up(Okay, I say that, but if someone called, I would go get them >.<)