User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default The Royal Wedding

What, no mention anywhere????

So who's watching it tomorrow? Yes, William and Kate.

I am so tired of hearing/seeing it plastered everywhere. Even Tesco's are selling cakes to celebrate the big day.

As someone recently pointed out to me "Even if you don't watch it, people will be talking about it for days so you won't be able to get away from it".

Least we have the day off work
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

I'm really disappointed in the censorship. The royal wedding on The Chaser's would have been epic, but instead I'm not going to bother.

The Chaser's letter to the Queen

Dear Australian Head of State,

We would like to place ourselves at your mercy and request a stay of execution for our television program, The Chaser's Royal Wedding Commentary.

We, like Kate, are commoners, and were looking forward to celebrating her wedding to your exalted grandson with a few affectionate observations.

To ensure that our coverage was respectful, we were only planning to use jokes that Prince Phillip has previously made in public, or at least the ones that don't violate racial vilification laws. We've also filmed a joke about hunting grouse which we think you might enjoy.

We Australians are a simple people who don't often get to watch that kind of pomp. The last big wedding we had here was Scott and Charlene on Neighbours. We've asked around, and there are at least six people in this outpost of your empire who would quite like to watch our commentary.
    Please consider our plea.

We have the honour to be, Madam, Your Majesty's humble and obedient servants,
    Cheers,
    The Chaser
    PS: How serious are you about treason laws?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    What, no mention anywhere????

So who's watching it tomorrow? Yes, William and Kate.
    Me. And I'm mildly excited about it, despite how pathetic that is

Its in the evening here (around 10pm) so I'm going to a girls get together tonight to watch it.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

your resident asshole

Am I the only one who doesn't understand what the big deal is? Should I ooh and ahh at people because they are in a much higher social class than me? Meh... it's definitely better than oohing and ahhing at the celebrities.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't understand what the big deal is? Should I ooh and ahh at people because they are in a much higher social class than me? Meh... it's definitely better than oohing and ahhing at the celebrities.
    YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A GOOD PEASANT AND LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH THE ARISTOCRACY BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOUR PLACE GODDAMMIT.

Well, actually, I think some people just like to imagine what it would be like if *they* had a wedding like that.

You know and, it's cool to look at, like the Vatican on Christmas Eve - it's a show.

Sniffles

I'll be paying attention to the beatification of John Paul II instead.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Oh, I'm so excited I just don't know what to do!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=723r1Jih1Tk"]Royal Wedding[/YOUTUBE]

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I am so tired of hearing/seeing it plastered everywhere. Even Tesco's are selling cakes to celebrate the big day.
    So are we, thanks for plastering it here too!

I kid.

I did watch some documentary thing from TLC about some of the defining moments of the royal family. I think when all of the Princess Di stuff was going on, I was too young to give a shit. So I learned a lot that I didn't know happened.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    There's an element of glamour to royalty, I think, that has survived to this day. It's like being a celebrity, but with a touch of nobility and elegance, as well as a kind of deep connection with the country's history... We discussed this in class Wednesday, when talking about "planned events" in the journalistic context.