First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ----

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    LOL

Yeah you can't top " i'm engaged to a prince"

Now " married to a prince"

Just watched yesterday the wedding if william and kate , wow its sooooooo nice to see all those royals flock together and seeing handsome and beautiful people. At least its over now but guess what? it just started now people will be waiting for an heir to see after the wedding LOL this Royals are making us crazy. But anyway thanks for the free off day LOL.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I wonder why Obama didn't get invited? Kanye West did.
    Obama is making a state visit to Great Britain in May, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Thought it was sweet when he wispered to her that she looked beautiful. You could see the love. Awwww
    Oh, yes, that was lovely.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Yeah you can't top " i'm engaged to a prince"
    Guess you could use the ol' "my husband isn't a vacuous waste of resources on a country already in a dangerous financial situation ordained by nothing but accident of birth and instead actually helps people stay alive and earned his title via hard work, and my wedding didn't cost the nation tens to hundreds of millions" card.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I dunno if she's "less interesting" she just seems more outgoing and maybe is an extrovert. She seems a lot more comfortable and less shy than Diana.
    She is less interesting because she has not neurotic problems. Diana was emotionally vulnerable, depressive and altruistic, that appeled compassion, admiration and interest. Kate is closer to the average Jet-set figure. She is less shy than Diana even if she is a bit, and I don't think she's an extrovert, my guess is ISFJ for her.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Guess you could use the ol' "my husband isn't a vacuous waste of resources on a country already in a dangerous financial situation ordained by nothing of accident of birth and instead actually helps people stay alive and earned his title via hard work, and my wedding didn't cost the nation tens to hundreds of millions" card.
    I agree. They just did budget cuts on their universities but had shit tons of money to waste on this crap. I can't believe that British people even swallow this garbage.

As an American it doesn't directly affect me, but in reflection, what a bunch of shit, seriously.

"Oh yay! Let's watch some people have a big fancy wedding thanks to our tax dollars!"

Phantonym

and my wedding didn't cost the nation tens to hundreds of millions
    How much do you think it brought in for the country and will in the future? The publicity, the merchandize, etc.

Do you honestly think this was just a wedding?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    How much do you think it brought in for the country and will in the future? The publicity, the merchandize, etc.

Do you honestly think this was just a wedding?
    Well, considering the entire nation took a day off (big productivity loss) in addition to the basic cost of the wedding itself, and the networks are already noting hundreds of millions in lost revenue on airing it sans commercials, and I can't imagine that promotional merchandise will sell all that well (are you or anyone you know buying commemorative merchandise? And the wedding is more popular here than there. Not to mention: that merchandising money doesn't strictly, or even necessarily mostly, go to Britian).

I doubt the wedding gained money, but even if somehow it did it isn't gonna be that huge, and I can't imagine there aren't better (or more long-term profitable) uses.

On the plus side: IF they did make money, at least it was off people with expendable income.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

figsfiggyfigs

Guess you could use the ol' "my husband isn't a vacuous waste of resources on a country already in a dangerous financial situation ordained by nothing of accident but birth and instead actually helps people stay alive and earned his title via hard work, and my wedding didn't cost the nation tens to hundreds of millions" card.
    You could use that, but I'm sure a lot of females prefer a crown over their head and an unearned sense of entitlement.

edit: Not to mention, your face printed on every item you can think of, and having your wedding be an international event.

Well, considering the entire nation took a day off (big productivity loss) in addition to the basic cost of the wedding itself, and the networks are already noting hundreds of millions in lost revenue on airing it sans commercials, and I can't imagine that promotional merchandise will sell all that well (are you or anyone you know buying commemorative merchandise? And the wedding is more popular here than there. Not to mention: that merchandising money doesn't strictly, or even necessarily mostly, go to Britian).

I doubt the wedding gained money, but even if somehow it did it isn't gonna be that huge, and I can't imagine there aren't better (or more long-term profitable) uses.

On the plus side: IF they did make money, at least it was off people with expendable income.
    No kidding, I agree. I think its bs they paid from tx peoples money. Earn it, and spend it as you like. Other wise, stfu and go to city hall if you have to.