User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    FREE

From what I've learned, it wouldn't be such a good thing. Can you link me what you've read to indicate otherwise? I'd be curious to be brought up to speed.

Also, I was under the impression that pure monetarists were a dying breed given the empirical evidence observed in the 1990s. Who around today of any significance believes that monetary policy is the only force behind inflation control?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Paul is pro-choice
    No, Ron Paul is vehemently pro-life.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    From what I've learned, it wouldn't be such a good thing. Can you link me what you've read to indicate otherwise? I'd be curious to be brought up to speed.
    I think people believe it wouldn't be a good thing because of its performance in the 19th century. I think we could implement a better system today.

It's not like there aren't economies that use multiple currencies, already. Look at Europe. What makes the US so special that multiple currencies can work in other parts of the world, but not here?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    No, Ron Paul is vehemently pro-life.
    He's pro-life, but believes the Federal government should not get involved in the abortion debate.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    He's pro-life, but believes the Federal government should not get involved in the abortion debate.
    That's somewhat accurate but not complete information. He believes the decision should be at State level. But he's vehemently pro-life.

MBTI
    INFP

First round, South Carolina Debate Highlights. Discusses a number of issues....and seems that the disgusting behaviour of moderators is not present of last run.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k84AAV9z8wo"]South Carolina Debate Highlights[/YOUTUBE]

Seems the moneybomb is doing well too, reached over a million.

MBTI
    STFU

his personal beliefs aside (can we please stop talking about abortions?), in my opinion, his foreign and domestic policies are based in common sense, and with USA citizens' actual freedoms in mind. the USA president should not try to be the president of the middle east (or at least take the Saudi King's dick out of his mouth), the federal government should stay out of our personal lives, and the federal reserve deserves intense, thorough, public scrutiny. sounds like common fucking sense to me.

does he actually stand a chance of winning the presidency? probably not. but hopefully his message can spread further into the American consciousness before we are once again butt-raped by whatever stooge is actually 'elected' in.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    his personal beliefs aside (can we please stop talking about abortions?), in my opinion, his foreign and domestic policies are based in common sense, and with USA citizens' actual freedoms in mind. the USA president should not try to be the president of the middle east (or at least take the Saudi King's dick out of his mouth), the federal government should stay out of our personal lives, and the federal reserve deserves intense, thorough, public scrutiny. sounds like common fucking sense to me.

does he actually stand a chance of winning the presidency? probably not. but hopefully his message can spread further into the American consciousness before we are once again butt-raped by whatever stooge is actually 'elected' in.
    I think that while he does have the self-interest of the U.S. in mind, the way he would rather dispense power to the states and reduce the power of the Federal government seems... well, let's put it this way: Already we have state laws that aren't found across the board; we aren't purely homogenous. While this provides freedom, it also complicates matters when people hop state to state to apply for gay marriage, possess weed, etc. The complexity of state held domestic affairs will only cause more tension between states. (mostly the way officers and courts deal with things, but culture as well... I'm actually kind of scared of what freedoms the states may be given, especially the back-country ones).

What little power the Federal government will have, Ron Paul illustrates to be excluded to the military. Though his personal beliefs won't influence a great deal, they will inevitably effects what he signs and approves of as President. I don't agree with his stance on gay marriage, abortion, and a few other things, but I guess it seems that he would relegate most of those things to the state. I must admit, I'm getting tired of the Feds War on Drugs, and how officers seem to impulsively crack down on affairs which, in my opinion, aren't theirs to play hero for.

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Already we have state laws that aren't found across the board; we aren't purely homogenous. While this provides freedom, it also complicates matters when people hop state to state to apply for gay marriage, possess weed, etc. The complexity of state held domestic affairs will only cause more tension between states. (mostly the way officers and courts deal with things, but culture as well... I'm actually kind of scared of what freedoms the states may be given, especially the back-country ones).
    you do raise a good point. driving from state to state with weed can be pretty a pretty unsettling experience notlikeiknowaboutitoranything and it would be great for gay married couples to move from state to state and have their rights recognized wherever they go. having laws about those issues that are uniform across the country would be wonderful, but where would it stop? with Ron Paul, i feel that he would know better where to stop (where the line should be drawn etc) than the current and past administrations.

i have seen no other viable or semi-viable candidate who's nature is on the same wavelength (common sense, not wanting to control everything we do etc). show me someone with brass balls (or titanium ovaries), similar intentions (freedom from bullshit) and authentic, consistent legitimacy (in words and actions) and i will support them too, because those kinds of people are less likely insult our intelligence with foggy bullshit rhetoric, elitist cronyism and constant attacks on the principles on which this country were based, which are not that unreasonable. there will always be room for refinement, but the constitution is still generally relevant to modern times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    What little power the Federal government will have, Ron Paul illustrates to be excluded to the military. Though his personal beliefs won't influence a great deal, they will inevitably effects what he signs and approves of as President. I don't agree with his stance on gay marriage, abortion, and a few other things, but I guess it seems that he would relegate most of those things to the state. I must admit, I'm getting tired of the Feds War on Drugs, and how officers seem to impulsively crack down on affairs which, in my opinion, aren't theirs to play hero for.
    there's much more pressing matters. all that drug enforcement money would do wonders for the human/organ trafficking departments and other important things.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    INFP

If one state has very different laws compared to its neighbour, you'll see which law works best for it's people, and maybe some jealousy will happen ...and they'll want it too.
    But states can't be in violation of the constitution either