User Tag List

First 4567 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Trump can be such an asshole. The only thing "boosted" is the public's knowledge of his poor judgment.
    Lawl, what a prick.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    UPDATE: Just to clarify, since it somehow became a point of contention:
    He released as much as what Hawaii legally disseminated, and he did that in 2008.
    Hawaii state law prohibited release of photocopies of the original BC to anyone.

At this point in time, he was able to make the case that it would save Hawaii money in the long-term to just provide photocopies of the originals, than for them to continue to field the weekly flow of requests.

So they provided a waiver.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_birth_hawaii
    So it sounds like Obama was just complying with the law in Hawaii, and anyone who calls him an idiot does so out of pure ignorance.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.
    No kidding: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...cks_in_advance

Add up the Republicans who fell for the Birther issue(s) and the Democrats who fell for the Truther issue(s), and you get a massive amount of the electorate. The more things change, the more they stay the same....

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Add up the Republicans who fell for the Birther issue(s) and the Democrats who fell for the Truther issue(s), and you get a massive amount of the electorate. The more things change, the more they stay the same....
    Gotta love it: Belief drives reality.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Gotta love it: Belief drives reality.
    As it always has.

To be honest, I trust this president about as much as I trusted the Bushes, or Clinton. There isn't a whole lot of room for common ground when that's your starting point.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    As it always has.

To be honest, I trust this president about as much as I trusted the Bushes, or Clinton. There isn't a whole lot of room for common ground when that's your starting point.
    Kept that generator around from Y2K? Think you'll need it anytime soon?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

I haven't got an infraction yet, have I? I have never been informed so, at any rate, not that I remember.

And if I were to get an infraction, the consequence of a first infraction is a warning, yes?

Can you confirm this for me, Jen?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I haven't got an infraction yet, have I? I have never been informed so, at any rate, not that I remember.

And if I were to get an infraction, the consequence of a first infraction is a warning, yes?

Can you confirm this for me, Jen?
    Hmmm... Well, you've just upped the ante, since you've indicated premeditation.
    Do you have something you'd like to contribute to the impending, "Finally, an infraction for Oberon. Can we move on now?" thread?

Oberon

Hmmm... Well, you've just upped the ante, since you've indicated premeditation.
    As far as you know, the question was hypothetical. At any rate, that should be the end of it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Does he also think THE COMUNISSS ARE COMING?
    He's not THAT Bad... I think he'd welcome our communist overlords if it means Obama would get out of office.

He's just very anti-liberal, but at least the endless talk-radio shows don't help plant seeds into his head....

Quote Originally Posted by Fan.of.Devin View Post
    I demand to see a certificate of authenticity for this birth certificate.
    This is what made me decide to reply to the thread. <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This is my position, as well. This entire debate is irrelevant, but birthers are hopeless (they're pretty much all creationists, too, so they're doubly hopeless).
    I could see education, experience, and obvious passion for the country being sufficient instead of 'natural birth' in America. But I do feel substantial time needs to be spent here. If you spend most of your time away, even if you were born here, I don't think you should be allowed to serve as president until you do spend time here...

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    So it sounds like Obama was just complying with the law in Hawaii, and anyone who calls him an idiot does so out of pure ignorance.
    :3 It is almost like we have to trust that the system hasn't yet, and wouldn't still, let a president serve without meeting all the pre-reqs.

As it always has.

I haven't seen a president yet, in the time I've been conscious of politics (i.e. old enough to quasi-understand), do anything to make me think they were a fantastic leader.. I'm sure I'm not the only younger generation to think this in America. And I'm fairly sure it is why I don't find voting so important. "Do I choose tweedle dee? or tweedle dum?"

Came in handy during the hurricane! Internet and cold juice from the fridge while everyone else pouted
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge