First 23456 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    The right wing extremists are already saying this is fake. But I do think it was a smart move since it will help to alleviate some doubt with the more intelligent moderates or swing voters. That is, the ones that even cared.
    If someone's going to claim Obama held onto it on purpose (although I think it was state law in Hawaii not to release it), that would be the largest purpose I can intuit right now: To let the birthers dig a hole for themselves until they look like fools.

After all, politicians don't fight over the hardline opposition voters; they're fighting to win the independent/middle vote where people are still open to changing their minds.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If someone's going to claim Obama held onto it on purpose (although I think it was state law in Hawaii not to release it), that would be the largest purpose I can intuit right now: To let the birthers dig a hole for themselves until they look like fools.

After all, politicians don't fight over the hardline opposition voters; they're fighting to win the independent/middle vote where people are still open to changing their minds.
    True but I suspect that many moderates or at least the more informed variety, didn't and still don't care beyond finding the birthers discomfort, mildly amusing. But then my impression of the birthers is that most aren't terribly bright or are media manipulators and limelight opportunists like Trump.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My father, one of the people vehemothly and illogically against him and any other liberal is already complaining about 'discrepancies' in the certificate.

Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Wasn't it already to begin with?
    Before the election and before it was made public, it could be used as a means to decimate his votes without seeming entirely delusional. Now, even if he were an alien, he would still already be the president. Whatever catastrophe happens when a non-American ascends the throne, if Obama is one, it has already happened. I have no doubt that there are still plenty of fools who fall for the trick - but they fall for every trick.

Sniffles

If Obama was actually an alien, technically his election would be noll and void, and I believe Biden would become president as a result. A president has to be born in the United States as stipulated in the Constitution(or be a citizen at the time of its adoption, but that's moot point now since that was 1789).

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    If Obama was actually an alien, technically his election would be noll and void, and I believe Biden would become president as a result. A president has to be born in the United States as stipulated in the Constitution(or be a citizen at the time of its adoption, but that's moot point now since that was 1789).
    It is, however, rather unlikely that he will admit to his foreign origin. So whatever the facts: it is too late.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I don't know, it sort of looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from viewing quite a view shops in my time.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I don't know, it sort of looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from viewing quite a view shops in my time.
    He probably thinks it's no big deal. Let his daughter do it in Paint.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

[YOUTUBE="7qKcJF4fOPs"]Indeed[/YOUTUBE]
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

What is the big deal, I mean why shouldn't a naturalized citizen be able to become president of the USA? The law might have had relevance in 1789 to prevent a British president, but what is the issue now?