User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Watergate didn't help.
    Recent history shows us that Presidential scandals can be weathered, if the press is on your side to begin with. Also, Nixon was living back in the days when members of Congress still had enough tattered shreds of honor left to go to the president and ask for his resignation when he was caught in perjury. By the time Reagan came along those tatters had dried up and blown away.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

People are just looking for any excuse to invalidate his presidency. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember any other president being required to produce birth certificates for the public.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Recent history shows us that Presidential scandals can be weathered, if the press is on your side to begin with. Also, Nixon was living back in the days when members of Congress still had enough tattered shreds of honor left to go to the president and ask for his resignation when he was caught in perjury. By the time Reagan came along those tatters had dried up and blown away.
    Do I just have to come out directly and ask you to stay on topic here? Post after post, of trying to nudge you back and not feed your need, to no avail...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    People are just looking for any excuse to invalidate his presidency. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember any other president being required to produce birth certificates for the public.
    Me either.

I'm going to guess that, among other things, his ethnic name, his father being non-American, his black skin (which could make him look foreign), and his being president during a rather xenophobic time in our culture helped contribute to this weirdness. Pretty much all the rest of our presidents, at least in recent times, have been rich white guys.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    That's because most presidents' public records are allowed to remain public. That why people know what grades Bush Junior got at Yale, for example.

Trump can be such an asshole. The only thing "boosted" is the public's knowledge of his poor judgment.

Trump on Wednesday took full credit for the release.

"I feel I've accomplished something really really important and I'm honored by it," Trump said at a press conference held during his pre-scheduled visit today to New Hampshire. Trump noted that people have long been requesting the document, but Trump was the only one who got the president to release it. Trump suggested Wednesday this development will boost his own potential presidential candidacy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

No amount of evidence is going to shut them up, there was very little rationality involved with the accusation in the first place. All this means is that there are going to be some new conspiracy theories being fabricated.

Oberon

You realize this changes nothing, of course. People who were against him are still against him, and people who were for him are still for him. Nobody's mind is being changed.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Trump can be such an asshole. The only thing "boosted" is the public's knowledge of his poor judgment.
    He's such a spin doctor.

I was impressed by him when I watched Seasons #3-5 of The Apprentice (considering my original opinion of him was rock-bottom), but then the show became a caricature of itself. And the more that Trump has shown up the last few years, he just seems more and more out of touch, and less capable than he wants to present himself.

I found this last exposure of his embarassing. Spin only works if the other person knows nothing. And now, claiming you got results when all you did was become Yet One More Butthead joining an already existing chorus of voices is disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You realize this changes nothing, of course. People who were against him are still against him, and people who were for him are still for him. Nobody's mind is being changed.
    That's obvious.
    Which is the sad part.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

everyone's entitled to their opinions, but I'm of the group of even if I don't like what the president is doing I should still respect him, and I think you can respect someone but not agree with them.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    everyone's entitled to their opinions, but I'm of the group of even if I don't like what the president is doing I should still respect him, and I think you can respect someone but not agree with them.
    At least feign respect for the president. Even if we don't need civility, maybe people should take issue with politicians based on what they're actually doing and the issues rather than some some insane non issue.