User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Are you kidding? Conservatives are all pro war for capitalistic gain or religious zealots who wish to integrate God into all facets of life.
    Just like liberals are all pacifist gay atheist abortionists?

Listen to yourself. Did you actually think about what you were typing before you posted? Or did you just let your emotions run things and hit 'Submit Reply' in a flurry?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

ByMySword

Cool

Are you kidding? Conservatives are all pro war for capitalistic gain or religious zealots who wish to integrate God into all facets of life.

And you can't call it a stereotype when it actually happens BMS. Afterall, you yourself said you were "Anti peace".
    Yeah, and that was said in jest. Ugh!!!!!!!!

Ok. Then liberals are atheist Chrisitian-haters who wish to integrate the government into every aspect of life.

Edit: Well, Lateralus keeps beating me to the punch. Oh well. Haven't disagreed yet. Keep it up.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Just like liberals are all pacifist gay atheist abortionists?

Listen to yourself. Did you actually think about what you were typing before you hit post? Or did you just let your emotions run things and hit 'Submit Reply' in a flurry?
    Fair enough. I grew up in the most red of red states, namely Wyoming and Idaho, so I have a particular conception of how conservatives generally think.

I grew up listening to remarks like..."Why would we want to cure AIDS? It kills off the fags and whores." So I might be a little emotionally skewed when it comes to considering Conservatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Fair enough. I grew up in the most red of red states, namely Wyoming and Idaho, so I have a particular conception of how conservatives generally think.

I grew up listening to remarks like..."Why would we want to cure AIDS? It kills off the fags and whores." So I might be a little emotionally skewed when it comes to considering Conservatives.
    Those aren't conservatives. Those are idiots.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    OMNi

Those aren't conservatives. Those are idiots.
    Call them what you want. They are a large base of the voters in the Republican party and they identify themselves as Conservative. They are very plentiful in these parts and I don't exactly hear many of the "non idiot" Conservatives stepping forward to denounce what they say. Silence is a form of admission.

What would you call Fred Phelps and all those Baptists who carry signs that read, "Homosexuals are Child Molesters"? It's hate mongering that I've grown up with my entire life, and Michael Moore aside, I've never seen Liberals engage in that kind of "idiocy".

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Call them what you want. They are a large base of the voters in the Republican party and they identify themselves as Conservative. They are very plentiful in these parts and I don't exactly hear many of the "non idiot" Conservatives stepping forward to denounce what they say. Silence is a form of admission.

What would you call Fred Phelps and all those Baptists who carry signs that read, "Homosexuals are Child Molesters"? It's hate mongering that I've grown up with my entire life, and Michael Moore aside, I've never seen Liberals engage in that kind of "idiocy".
    As I said, that has nothing to do with conservatism.

heart on fire

How Christian Dominionism Despoiled the Republican Party.

If the Democrats aren't careful, the global warming people will do the same thing to them with new age religion. jmo.

MBTI
    OMNi

As I said, that has nothing to do with conservatism.
    Religious intolerance and economically motivated war has nothing to do with Conservatism? I beg to differ. When it is your philosophy to maintain the status quo, and that status quo is the bigotry towards groups like homosexuals and the economic supremacy of the United States, then it has very much to do with conservatism.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Religious intolerance and economically motivated war has nothing to do with Conservatism? I beg to differ. When it is your philosophy to maintain the status quo, and that status quo is the bigotry towards groups like homosexuals and the economic supremacy of the United States, then it has very much to do with conservatism.
    There's really no point in debating with you when you keep resubmitting the same debunked arguments, only reworded. You're not interested in debate. You're interested in venting. So...vent away. I won't stop you.

P.S. I'm not a conservative, though I'm sure you thought I was.

MBTI
    OMNi

There's really no point in debating with you when you keep resubmitting the same debunked arguments, only reworded. You're not interested in debate. You're interested in venting. So...vent away. I won't stop you.

P.S. I'm not a conservative, though I'm sure you thought I was.
    Nah, I'm done.

From reading heart's article, it looks like a distorted fundamentalist view of Christianity has infiltrated conservatism. So I guess it isn't conservatives I have a problem with after all. It's neoconservatives and war hawks.

I was thinking you were libertarian to be honest.