User Tag List

First 56789 Last

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    These men would like to have a word with you.

I wish they would come for me. It would be my trial by fire coming in full force. See Metamorphosis' Metamorphosis.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I don't have any immediate sources on hand, but I do believe McCain actually has a highly conservative voting record which gets distorted because he goes kinda liberal on issues that happen to be sensational.
    I believe his record is actually more conservative than Bush's.
    Bush isn't a conservative.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Bush isn't a conservative.
    Right, he is a compassionate conservative.

If that isn't an oxymoron then I don't know what is. :rolli:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Right, he is a compassionate conservative.

If that isn't an oxymoron then I don't know what is. :rolli:
    I'm as left-wing nutjob as they come, and even I know that conservatives can be compassionate. I know a few compassionate conservatives (all religious) whose beliefs are very much based in what they think is best for folks (it just happens that I totally disagree with them about that). It's true that fiscal conservativeness can be very limiting in the tangible help it offers people who need it, though.

Bush is actually a pretty moderate conservative, but he's kind of a lunatic. His fiscal attitudes aren't particularly conservative at all. I'm sure he irritates the hell out of the conservatives who aren't religious for that particular reason.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Obama's pastor of many years is basically anti-American and brings his banter into the church. Clinton is a lying bish.

Presidents FTL.
    I don't know enough about Wright to speak fairly about him (and my bet is that MOST PEOPLE who weigh in on Wright don't either), but I do know that my priest would stand up at the pulpit and criticize America and the government for its harmful policies and attitudes. I suspect that the same people who heard sound bytes of Wright would hear sound bytes of my priest and denounce Charlie (my priest) as being anti-American. My priest loves America, but he doesn't love it without a critical eye. Criticizing America for America's bullshit is not anti-American. (Somehow Falwell didn't get quite so much criticism when he listed off all the groups responsible for 9/11... and I think that was pretty damn anti-American, anti-civil rights, etc.)

Obama is in an unfortunate position of having to defend his religious position all the time. He has to be openly and clearly a part of a church so that he isn't accused of being a Muslim (not that there should be anything wrong with that, imo), but he's intentionally (even before this recent stuff with Wright) had to distance himself from his pastor for political reasons. Nobody questions the garden-variety Methodism of Clinton or McCain being Episcopalian (well. I object to McCain's Episcopalianism... as an Episcopalian). It's unfair, but I guess that's politics.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Hillary has ruined herself with such a dramatic and obvious lie. She had to have known what she was doing. She's politically savy, she isn't stupid. One wonders why she did it. But she's dead in the water now as far as seriously running for President.
    It couldn't have come at a worse time for her, but I'm not sure it's enough to sink her...judging by the reaction of Obama supporters to the reverend Wright controversy, people who are emotionally invested in a candidate can rationalize anything. Then again, she does not have his cult of personality or regard by the media, so she might very well be screwed.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

As a liberal, I have to say that Hillary seems to like lying.. no worries, it's a requirement for going into politics.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I'm as left-wing nutjob as they come, and even I know that conservatives can be compassionate. I know a few compassionate conservatives (all religious) whose beliefs are very much based in what they think is best for folks (it just happens that I totally disagree with them about that). It's true that fiscal conservativeness can be very limiting in the tangible help it offers people who need it, though.

Bush is actually a pretty moderate conservative, but he's kind of a lunatic. His fiscal attitudes aren't particularly conservative at all. I'm sure he irritates the hell out of the conservatives who aren't religious for that particular reason.
    Fine, I will give you that. But I'm drawing the line at social libertarians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Nobody questions the garden-variety Methodism of Clinton.....
    Clinton's a Methodist??????????

LMFAO!!!!! She's really got this "riding the fence" thing down!!!!!

That'll win her the Methodists, the Bapists, AND the Catholics. LOL!!!!!!

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    As a liberal, I have to say that Hillary seems to like lying.. no worries, it's a requirement for going into politics.
    Granted but how much lying does she do to herself formulating her ideology?