User Tag List

First 891011 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Nah, I'm done.

From reading heart's article, it looks like a distorted fundamentalist view of Christianity has infiltrated conservatism. So I guess it isn't conservatives I have a problem with after all. It's neoconservatives and war hawks.

Well, conservative Republicans have stood by and allowed their party to be overtaken by the Neo-cons and the Neo-cons use/manipulate the distorted fundamentalists to further their own cause. The men at the helm making the Neo-con decisions use religion to further their own ends.

I can forsee the Dems doing the same thing with other issues, like a distorted version of Environmentalism.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Well, conservative Republicans have stood by and allowed their party to be overtaken by the Neo-cons and the Neo-cons use/manipulate the distorted fundamentalists to further their own cause. The men at the helm making the Neo-con decisions use religion to further their own ends.

I can forsee the Dems doing the same thing with other issues, like a distorted version of Environmentalism.
    Very possible. I hope Democrats are smarter than that.

I kinda feel sorry for Conservatives now. That is a weird change in mood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Very possible. I hope Democrats are smarter than that.

I kinda feel sorry for Conservatives now. That is a weird change in mood.
    The Democrats are not smarter than that, unfortunately. It's already happening.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ

It's one of the problems with a congressional system that has no proportional representation. People don't vote for third parties because they are afraid of splitting the vote, leading to an opposition win.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    How Christian Dominionism Despoiled the Republican Party.

If the Democrats aren't careful, the global warming people will do the same thing to them with new age religion. jmo.
    Global Warming? New Age religion? WTF?

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The Democrats are not smarter than that, unfortunately. It's already happening.
    Well if that is the case, at least it is a helluva lot less Machiavellian than the corruption of Christianity that has infiltrated conservatism.

Well...that is assuming that Jesus doesn't come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Global Warming? New Age religion? WTF?
    I have posted articles on this before and I am not the only one who has. It is a BIG issue.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well if that is the case, at least it is a helluva lot less Machiavellian than the corruption of Christianity that has infiltrated conservatism.

Well...that is assuming that Jesus doesn't come back.
    What's wrong with Machiavelli.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    What's wrong with Machiavelli.
    Apparently most people agree, they enjoy being manipulated.

MBTI
    INTP

Don't forget the one where Hillary claimed to be named after Sir Edmund Hillary, the guy who climbed Everest in 1953. She was born in 1947. He was a beekeeper that that time.

Eventually, when it was noticed that Hillary was born six years before the ascent of Everest, Clinton aides tried assuring skeptics that her parents had seen a press interview with Sir Edmund in his beekeeping days, Mr. and Mrs. Rodham apparently being the only Illinois subscribers to The New Zealand Apiarist. Then, in the early days of her presidential campaign, Senator Clinton quietly withdrew the story, by which time the damage was done. Edmund Hillary passed away a couple of months back, and, as I recall, the New York Times headline read: "New Zealander For Whom Senator Clinton Named Dies; Also First Man To Climb Everest. Senator Clinton Was At The Summit To Greet Him, After Landing Under Heavy Sniper Fire From The Abominable Snowman."