User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Default What's wrong with the death penalty?

I was reading the thread about the McDonald's fight that caused a woman to go into a seizure.

I don't understand why the people responsible are still alive. Their very existence is a drain on society. Since they did this, they cannot be trusted to not do it again. Rehabilitation will not work, and living behind bars for the rest of their lives will require taxpayer support. Why should a society support someone who is a danger to that same society? This is ludicrous. I say, without any "revenge" type of mentality, quitely and discretely execute them and be done with it. I don't see any moral or ethical problems with this.
    “Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” - G. K. Chesterton

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

So you advise the death penalty for a case of assault.

Any other crimes that you feel deserve the death penalty?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

What gives you the moral authority to say a person should live or die?, I think there is a bit of an arrogance with people who support the death penalty , these people should try to be rehabilitated, not executed nor shoved into a prison.

“Have not prisons - which kill all will and force of character in man, which enclose within their walls more vices than are met with on any other spot of the globe - always been universities of crime?” - Peter Kropotkin

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So you advise the death penalty for a case of assault.

Any other crimes that you feel deserve the death penalty?
    Yes, in most cases.

Any crime that shows a person to be a degenerate and a burden on the species should warrant the death penalty. I think if you get arrested for DUI twice, you should be killed; why should you, someone who is clearly a danger to people around you, be allowed to exist?

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    What gives you the moral authority to say a person should live or die?, I think there is a bit of an arrogance with people who support the death penalty , these people should try to be rehabilitated, not executed nor shoved into a prison.

“Have not prisons - which kill all will and force of character in man, which enclose within their walls more vices than are met with on any other spot of the globe - always been universities of crime?” - Peter Kropotkin
    If someone is a burden on society, they should be killed. It's not me making subjective decisions here; it's pretty clear who is a burden and who isn't.

It is impossible to rehabilitate most criminals.

I agree that prisons are unnecessary. If you do something like run around the street nude after having a few drinks, jail isn't going to do anything. You should just be scolded and put on your way. "Punishment" is stupid and accomplishes nothing. The death penalty isn't about "punishment"; it's about making society safe from degenerate elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    Yes, in most cases.

Any crime that shows a person to be a degenerate and a burden on the species should warrant the death penalty. I think if you get arrested for DUI twice, you should be killed; why are you, someone who is clearly a danger to people around you, be allowed to exist?

What the hell? are you mad? That person has a drinking problem, they are sick, sick people deserve to be treated not killed.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

If they have a drinking problem and can be helped, then yes, the death penalty would be unnecessary. But if they aren't alcoholics and just drive drunk without consideration for other people for fun or some other reason, I don't see any problem with killing them.

If someone is a burden on society, they should be killed. It's not me making subjective decisions here; it's pretty clear who is a burden and who isn't.

It is impossible to rehabilitate most criminals.

I agree that prisons are unnecessary. If you do something like run around the street nude after having a few drinks, jail isn't going to do anything. You should just be scolded and put on your way. "Punishment" is stupid and accomplishes nothing. The death penalty isn't about "punishment"; it's about making society safe from degenerate elements.

"It is impossible to rehabilitate most criminals" what? , most crimes are drug-related, and those in the cases of murders are usually due to a psychological or emotional issue, very few are pathological, but even those pathological individulas who kill deserve a chance at rehabilitation, your premise isn't valid, and purely a subjective judgement on your part. You are being short-sighted because you are annoyed at actions you don't like.

How about executing people who wear ugly hats?

You know they're never going to change.
    Since they wore that ugly hat once, we cannot trust them ever again, and we will have to live in fear of them wearing that ugly hat, again.

So, let's just get it over with.

Since the crime was committed on top of the head, I propose we resurrect the old guillotine and simply cut off their head.
    Think of all the taxpayer money we can save by not sending them to prison.

If they have a drinking problem and can be helped, then yes, the death penalty would be unnecessary. But if they aren't alcoholics and just drive drunk without consideration for other people for fun or some other reason, I don't see any problem with killing them.
    Than I take it teenagers would be executed in mass eh?, you realise that you sound rather immature here don't you?, executing people based on a whim?, okay you don't like that they were drinking and driving without consideration, that doesn't mean that they engage in these actions all of the time, as most people don't drink and drive en mass or whenever they are at the wheel unless they have a drinking problem.