User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Cost-benefit analysis. A person may feel some particular war (you said in any circumstance) is more worthy of the innocent death toll than the over-all impact of maintaining a death penalty over some stretch of years.
    How many wars since WWII have been worthy of any innocent death toll?

You are right though, I should have foregone using any.

I do not understand people. If you consider the big deal about the death penalty on a global scale, the finger pointing about countries that still use the death penalty as being non-humanitarian, whereby people are starving to death on the streets by the bucketload in every single country on a daily basis, where the fuck are your priorities?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I do not understand people. If you consider the big deal about the death penalty on a global scale, the finger pointing about countries that still use the death penalty as being non-humanitarian, whereby people are starving to death on the streets by the bucketload in every single country on a daily basis, where the fuck are your priorities?
    I dont understand your point.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    The biggest problems with the death penalty are as follows:

1. It's too irrevocable to be properly implemented by our badly flawed "justice" system, and
    2. It is far more expensive to us (in many ways, not just in dollars, but in dollars too) than it's worth.

If it could be applied with absolute certainty that the accused was in fact the party guilty of the capital crime in question, then I would advocate administration of the death penalty provided it could be carried out within one calendar month of sentencing. Otherwise, forget it.
    I reckon sooner than that, what about something like the 2000AD Judges? I like that idea.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I wasn't aware that death row convicts were being turned into food...
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fan.of.Devin View Post
    I wasn't aware that death row convicts were being turned into food...
    Now there's an idea. Could end crime. Could even end unemployment.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Now there's an idea. Could end crime. Could even end unemployment.
    They wouldn't pass USDA inspection.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I say people who think differently from me are threats to society. The way I think is a safe one.. people with views very extreme to my own are definitely degenerates. There is no convincing them, ya know. Just read through any thread on a forum, you'll find a slew of discussions where people simply refuse to change their way of thinking. Since it isn't like mine, and that evidence is enough proof for me that they'll never change, why not chop the snake's head off and be done with it?

If people thought like me, the world would be a much safer place. Infact, the world is SO unsafe because of how MANY people don't think like myself, that there are whole books on crimes that I would never even think of on my own. As soon as we kill everyone that thinks differently from me, those books could be burned, and then things like that would never exist again.

Oh, btw. In this scenario, you don't think like me at all. You're obviously a danger to society, with all your talk about wanton killing sprees and such. Also, love the way you change the law to tailor it for yourself.. "I won't be a denegrate as soon as the legalize drugs, you see, so I am an exception." Also, alcohol is currently a legal drug.. but people who use it are to be killed? Don't worry, I won't pretend that you'll see things the way I do. Afterall, in this scenario, there is no rehab for you available. You obviously cannot change your mind about anything.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    They wouldn't pass USDA inspection.
    I'd say it would they treat the stuff left on the slaughterhouse floor treat with ammonia and mix it in with the ground beef to cut costs and that's usda approved.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so