User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 161

  1. #61
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Sadism is empowering

  2. #62
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Sadism is empowering
    when coupled with vengeance and entertainment it is
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #63
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    The biggest problems with the death penalty are as follows:

    1. It's too irrevocable to be properly implemented by our badly flawed "justice" system, and
    2. It is far more expensive to us (in many ways, not just in dollars, but in dollars too) than it's worth.

    If it could be applied with absolute certainty that the accused was in fact the party guilty of the capital crime in question, then I would advocate administration of the death penalty provided it could be carried out within one calendar month of sentencing. Otherwise, forget it.

  4. #64
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    I think they should be sterilized, but not killed. Their family should support them. If for any reason the family is unable to, then I see no problem with killing them if they are unable to support themselves. This is far more humane than robbing contributing people who are already suffering to pay for the life of someone who will more than likely never contribute anything of worth.
    you do realize there's levels of impairment and not every mentally ill person is digging through trashcans and unable to function?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Originally posted by Perch420
    I think they should be sterilized, but not killed. Their family should support them. If for any reason the family is unable to, then I see no problem with killing them if they are unable to support themselves. This is far more humane than robbing contributing people who are already suffering to pay for the life of someone who will more than likely never contribute anything of worth.
    I'm sorry, sterilize the mentally/physically imparied/ill? Are you insane? What you're preaching is a zero rights utilitarian nightmare society where those who don't contribute a certain worth are disposed of. Most sensible people realize that such a society is obviously evil not to mention horrific considering that a person could conceivable be sterilized or killed because of some minor infraction. Although I find it odd how you say the prison system is useless and not needed yet you advocate a society that would require huge government influence to secure the sterilizations and deaths of others.

  6. #66
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Tho I am no big fan of religion, I actually like the christian way to think that everybody has the right to have his sins forgotten. And tho you cant really ever forget a murder on Earth in a lifetime, you may at least not let yourself down on the level of a murderer by murdering him. Religion says aswell that a crime shouldnt be punished by another crime.

    I think thats a pretty wise thing to see things and a very rational.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  7. #67
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I wouldn't flinch if every last child molester was put to death.
    I'd flinch. That's because I know the potential ramifications.


  8. #68
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,771

    Default

    quick question, how do you feel about Jews?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  9. #69
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you do realize there's levels of impairment and not every mentally ill person is digging through trashcans and unable to function?
    Fun fact! An estimated 1 in 4 of us has some type of mental disorder.

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I'm sorry, sterilize the mentally/physically imparied/ill? Are you insane? What you're preaching is a zero rights utilitarian nightmare society where those who don't contribute a certain worth are disposed of. Most sensible people realize that such a society is obviously evil not to mention horrific considering that a person could conceivable be sterilized or killed because of some minor infraction. Although I find it odd how you say the prison system is useless and not needed yet you advocate a society that would require huge government influence to secure the sterilizations and deaths of others.
    Preach it, brotha!

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    I was reading the thread about the McDonald's fight that caused a woman to go into a seizure.

    I don't understand why the people responsible are still alive. Their very existence is a drain on society. Since they did this, they cannot be trusted to not do it again. Rehabilitation will not work, and living behind bars for the rest of their lives will require taxpayer support. Why should a society support someone who is a danger to that same society? This is ludicrous. I say, without any "revenge" type of mentality, quitely and discretely execute them and be done with it. I don't see any moral or ethical problems with this.
    Understandably the amount of requisite evidence and "legal wrangling" involved when the possible outcome will be the "ultimate sanction" is far greater than otherwise, better that it takes less and is easier to secure convictions and visit consequences upon criminals than not, if that means refraining from dispensing death penalties than so be it.

    The amount of compensation dispensed, at tax payer expense, in the likelihood of a wrongful execution is going to dwarf the expense of accomodating them as a prisoner.

    As evidenced by a number of attempted suicides in the UK prison system by child molestor/killers and serial killers (although they successfully killed themselves and excluding legal claims/proceedings by the killers that they were suicidal because the authorities neglect to provide a comfortable environment) criminals themselves find living out a sentence a greater punishment for their crimes than death.

    These are just logistical questions, essentially, that's before any moral arguments enter into it. So far as revenge goes I'm fine with that, in fact I think its a better idea than capital punishment to be honest.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] What's wrong with the ENFP?
    By Waffle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 12:43 AM
  2. Sociology - What is wrong with the profession of sociology?
    By cutie_me01 in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 12:18 PM
  3. What's wrong with a little deflation?
    By ygolo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 11:05 PM
  4. What is Wrong with Economy
    By wildcat in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 09:15 AM
  5. [MBTItm] What's wrong with being an xNTJ, anyway?
    By Enyo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 02:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO