First 123412 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    If someone is a burden on society, they should be killed. It's not me making subjective decisions here; it's pretty clear who is a burden and who isn't.
    Well, as a tangent, we already know that's not true.
    Otherwise we wouldn't already have been arguing about the death penalty in this culture since its inception.

So what if someone decides you're (as in you, Perch420) a burden on society, and you disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar
    How about executing people who wear ugly hats?
    That's a great idea.
    Cuz there is nothing worse to look at in this world than an ugly hat.
    Heads should roll.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

An ugly hat doesn't endanger the life and well being of others.

All drugs should be legal, so drug-related crimes shouldn't be crimes at all.

Most criminals, yes, aren't pathological at birth, but their environment molded them into a degenerate, and, in most cases, it is impossible to mold them back. Show me one study where rehabilitation of murderers and rapists was successful. I say we should recognize that their situation is unfortunate and wasn't really their "fault", as they're usually the victims of child abuse and poverty, but nevertheless, they are a burden on society and should be taken out.
    “Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” - G. K. Chesterton

MBTI
    yupp

I'm on the fence about the death penalty on one hand if it's not clear the person is going to change yeah I support it but at the same time it makes me no better than the girls in the video. I should add since the girls in the video are young I still believe they can change, will they? I don't know.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

All drugs should be legal, so drug-related crimes shouldn't be crimes at all.

Most criminals, yes, aren't pathological at birth, but their environment molded them into a degenerate, and, in most cases, it is impossible to mold them back. Show me one study where rehabilitation of murderers and rapists was successful. I say we should recognize that their situation is unfortunate and wasn't really their "fault", as they're usually the victims of child abuse and poverty, but nevertheless, they are a burden on society and should be taken out.

You are making really bad logical leaps in judgement, Take for example the serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, he felt regret for what he did, in fact, after his first murder, he didn't murder for 8 years, are you saying he couldn't be molded back? clearly he tried to. So your premise isn't valid there, of course they can be molded back, and for those who kill due to pathology it can be reduced, will they ever be healed completely? we don't know, but confining them into a place or just executing them prematurely doesn't do anything, It seems you just don't like certain behaviours and have a childish way of dealing with these things. So people do things that you don't like... you have to deal with that. People are different.

Great! So if the court is wrong, and it turns out later on that the convict is not guilty despite of the seemingly obvious evidence, you can simply rehabil...

.... oops.

Of course it does.

Why, I've seen ugly hats induce vomiting. One person vomited so violently, they had a stroke right on the sidewalk, and died.
    Now, I will not stand for society to carry this burden on its shoulders. We must execute these people who wear ugly hats.

I proposed the guillotine be used, and all we need is some Windex to clean off the blade.
    If we act quickly after the head has been cut off, clean-up can be done in a jiffy.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Of course it does.

Why, I've seen ugly hats induce vomiting. One person vomited so violently, they had a stroke right on the sidewalk, and died.
    Now, I will not stand for society to carry this burden on its shoulders. We must execute these people who wear ugly hats.

I proposed the guillotine be used, and all we need is some Windex to clean off the blade.
    If we act quickly after the head has been cut off, clean-up can be done in a jiffy.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...49#post1551249
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Yeah, this thread reeks of something foul. But anyway, for discussion purposes, I'm for the death penalty, but, only in cases where the individual in question is so evil that they deserve to die. The girls from that McDonalds Transexual beating? Yeah I honestly think they should get the death penalty, but I also must remember those are my emotions speaking; emotioanlly I want those two women to pay for the evil they committed. Now maybe the death penalty isn't the best option, maybe they can be rehabilitated, although not through traditional means. I for one think that the current prison system is awful and needs to be fixed in many different areas; like brainwashing facilities reserved for the most violent and evil of society. Thus brainwashing these violent girls until they're harmless and kind sheep would probably be better than forcing them to adapt to a violent lifestyle for X years then throwing them to the streets (which if anything only fosters more violence and hatred).

Originally posted by Perch420
    Any crime that shows a person to be a degenerate and a burden on the species should warrant the death penalty. I think if you get arrested for DUI twice, you should be killed; why should you, someone who is clearly a danger to people around you, be allowed to exist?
    You either need to rephrase/rethink your words/opinions more carefully, or you're a troll. People need only be killed when they are an extreme danger to other people, not simply because they are a slight burden. Hell by that logic the lazy and those dependent on the community should be killed to; do you agree with that Perch?

And no, people who drive drunk should not be executed because people like you are too lazy and uncreative to come up with better punishments. This actually reminds me of a true story I read once about a guy who after he got his third DUI was sentenced to prison; he was aside from his drunkeness problem a completely normal and meek guy. That was bad for him because in prison he was a scrawny and effeminent guy surrounded by stronger sociopathic men; he was raped repeatedly as well as beaten up on a constant basis. It enraged me to see a guy who had never willingly commit an evil act in his life be subject to such inhumane treatment. It's evidence of everything wrong with prison; the weaker and less criminals are beaten, raped, and scared into obeying the law, while all the viloent rapists and murderers run amok and commit atrocities to others; that is not how prison should be run.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

-Who can say he has the right or the judgement capability to decide on another person's death?
    -How can you be so sure a person cannot be rehabilitated?
    -What about people who are wrongly convicted although they have no guilt?
    -Where do you draw the lines what crimes call for death penalty and which ones don't?
    -How naive do you have to be to trust in your government and the justice so much that they won't abuse that power and won't become corrupt one time?

For all those questions there is no 100% safe answer, and if there is only one person wrongly / unnecessarily convicted to death, society has the guilt on its own hands.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I like my extremist Idea
    I think death penalty is a bit extreme, how about public cainings? turn it into a family event, sell cups, coffee mugs, shirts with the offender`s face over the shirt with the cain going over their backs and a percent of the earnings can go to the victims, since the offender might not be in a position to pay anything.