User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 116

  1. #21
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    What angers me most is the spectators in all of these videos that surface of people being ganged up on. There's always a slew of people video taping, hollering, inciting the violence and doing not a damn thing. Coward pieces of shit. Props to the older lady that did her best to stand up to those scumbags. I'll never understand people that use violence as a first resort.

  2. #22
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Unisex bathrooms in place of/addition to gender specific bathrooms, should we have them?

    Do these women have a right to be angry? If so, this angry?
    [Note that I haven't watched the video, and don't particularly want to]

    1.) For bathrooms intended for multiple people at the same time, no way; it would be a safety hazard for the women. Otherwise, its a matter of businesses catering to the generally different tastes of male and female customers: women tend to demand cleaner bathrooms with more amenities while men in general just want the process to take as little time as possible. These goals are largely in conflict; female customers would demand more daily clean-ups to avoid the filth that tends to accumulate from male restroom use, while male customers will get pissed off at the longer waiting times that would come from sharing a restroom with female patrons. Frankly, I don't think there are enough transgendered people to justify a mandatory change to this general practice...besides, most people are not psychotic tools who will actually prevent someone of a different biological gender from using a single-person bathroom on the rare occasions in which it happens.

    2.) If its a multi-person bathroom, they have the right to be angry: like I said, its a safety issue as well as a comfort and convenience issue. If its a single-person bathroom, then no. In either event, they have no right to be angry enough to beat someone up; there appear to be no grounds to consider mitigating circumstances in this situation.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I just realized saying nothing at all may leave too much o the imagination.

    First of all I have helped people through numerous seizures. Usually the muscles contract then spaz out from there. I have never seen somone change their initial position, extend arms, then change back. I could be wrong, but that seemed very odd to me. And it isn't like the guy could have been having a real seizure then faked it to "play dead" of sorts. Seizures leave people dissociated for a little while afterward. In my opinion, the guy was just freaking out. I could be wrong.

    If the guy was just freaking out, I don't blame him. If that were me, I would teach these women that if they want to hit like a man, they get it back from a man. He should have clocked them. They were acting like animals. This was not a surprise reaction or "fear" that most people claim during hate crimes. He may have freaked them out, but the level of over kill, shows these were just fucked up bitches who needed to get laid the fuck out themselves. There was no reason what so ever to keep going back and attacking someone who was not fighting back.

    As far as the guy goes. I feel bad for him, but come on. As unfoprtunate as it is, this is the way some people behave with these types of things. What do you expect to happen if you go out challenging the status quo? Try using a little discretion. If someone asks you to leave the bathroom, just fucking leave. The dangers to transgender individuals is not a new concept. At least wait until you can pass for a woman, before taking a stance against a group of girls in a womens bathroom. I am not saying this is fair, but it is wise. The entire situation could have been avoided, if he simply used the other restroom. Understanding is a two way street. For people to understand you, and for you to understand their positions back. It seems hypoctritical to have become a victim over this.

    In my opinion, the ONLY person who acted human in that video, was the older woman. In my book she is the epitome of badass, and deserves a little trophy.
    Okay, so where does she pee? The bushes?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  4. #24
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    The 14 year old shouldn't be charged as a juvenile, she should be charged as an adult black male.

    I don't think there's much hope of her ever being a productive member of society. We're probably better off cutting our losses now.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  5. #25
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Here is what a teacher in high school told me.

    He doesn't touch a fight between girls. He will not attempt to touch a girl in a fight even if the girl is fighting a guy. He will stop guys, but not girls.

    Why? lawsuit.

    As for the woman that finally stepped in, I applaud her effort.

    As for the guy that filmed it, really? You are just going to stand there and film a fight? No better than teenagers filming fights.... Do something, tell that damn woman to LET IT GO. You've beaten that person already.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    From what I understand the dirtbag lowlife asshole who filmed it did so because he supported the beatings and I think was even friends with the sociopathic girls. He then posted the video for his own personal sense of credit. I mean had he been some guy who filmed it to expose predjudice or evidence to the police I could understand that, but he did this for entertainment purposes on his behalf. He deserves the same harsh punishment as those other fuckbag girls.

  7. #27
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    The video totally disgusted me. I would have been fearful, but I hope I'd have done something to stop it. At the very least, I'd have immediately called 911, and probably harrassed the McDonald's manager to step in and make the girls leave. Or perhaps tried to get a makeshift posse together to intervene. I know I couldn't have stopped it by myself, but I couldn't have stood by and watched someone get pummeled. I love that older woman for having the guts to stand up to them.

    Did the girls go off because the transwoman just looked masculine to them? Because there are individual stalls in McD's bathrooms, and there's no chance of anyone seeing anyone else's junk unless you go into a stall together. I just don't get that sort of ignorance.
    Something Witty

  8. #28
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The 14 year old shouldn't be charged as a juvenile, she should be charged as an adult black male.

    I don't think there's much hope of her ever being a productive member of society. We're probably better off cutting our losses now.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84phU8of02U"]sorry I was reminded of this[/YOUTUBE]
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  9. #29
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I also agree with kyuuei that we can't presume the film maker is evil. Maybe the person taking the film didn't feel they were physically capable of breaking up the fight, but thought they could bring attention to this kind of thing through filming it. Awareness is actually a good thing, it's important to accept the reality that these things go on. People will get outraged and begin to do something about it. At least some people will.
    Agreed in theory; but actually the guy's an asshat. I haven't read the rest of the thread to see if anyone else brought it up, but the guy posted it online to make fun of her, insisted she was a dude on his facebook page (until he took it down), and can be heard laughing on the footage if you listen hard enough to what's going on. The guy was not filming it to "make a statement," he was part of the problem. These were two women, and there were black male staff in that restaurant that could have stopped them, and they did nothing.

    I also just watched video of her testimony, and she has nothing good to say about the guy either.

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...6.story?page=1

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    From what I understand the dirtbag lowlife asshole who filmed it did so because he supported the beatings and I think was even friends with the sociopathic girls. He then posted the video for his own personal sense of credit. I mean had he been some guy who filmed it to expose predjudice or evidence to the police I could understand that, but he did this for entertainment purposes on his behalf. He deserves the same harsh punishment as those other fuckbag girls.
    Agreed.

    And honestly, it's not just because it was a trans crime that I'm pissed, it's that what happened is based on attitudes that could translate into violence on any minority group (women, men, black, white, trans, gay, religious, etc.).

    Any place where people think they have a right to beat someone to the point of a seizure (or worse) simply because they are cohabiting the same space momentarily is a place that is not safe for any person at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck
    1.) For bathrooms intended for multiple people at the same time, no way; it would be a safety hazard for the women. Otherwise, its a matter of businesses catering to the generally different tastes of male and female customers: women tend to demand cleaner bathrooms with more amenities while men in general just want the process to take as little time as possible. These goals are largely in conflict; female customers would demand more daily clean-ups to avoid the filth that tends to accumulate from male restroom use, while male customers will get pissed off at the longer waiting times that would come from sharing a restroom with female patrons.
    I can understand why you would say this, because it seems logical to you -- but I've had the privilege to use both sets of bathrooms in multiple settings over my life, and you'd be surprised at how freaking dirty the women's room can become. I've actually found more piss on seats in the women's bathrooms than in the men's... and now I'm describing my WORKPLACE, not just some cheap fast-food joint. I was honestly surprised at how dirty the women's rooms actually were compared to the men's.

    So.... sorry. What you say sounds theoretically sound, but I don't think it bears out in practice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    What angers me most is the spectators in all of these videos that surface of people being ganged up on. There's always a slew of people video taping, hollering, inciting the violence and doing not a damn thing. Coward pieces of shit. Props to the older lady that did her best to stand up to those scumbags. I'll never understand people that use violence as a first resort.
    It was in a racially tense area of the city, apparently, and Baltimore does have a high crime rate / murder rate compared to other US cities. There are areas of the city that are commercial but populated heavily by black people, and I feel uncomfortable going there even in the daytime... not because I have anything against black people, but because I get anxious being the white minority. I've also been told by black people I've worked with that I should think twice about going to the mall right down the street even in the daytime, because it is a predominately black mall, and I should be careful.

    Anyway, the old women rocked.
    And no one helped her because she was trans, and because she was white.

    The funny thing is the McDonald's employee who directed her to the female bathroom did not even recognize her as trans, and the girl (22) has already had her surgery, according to the last article I read. So it makes the whole thing even sillier.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #30
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've actually found more piss on seats in the women's bathrooms than in the men's... and now I'm describing my WORKPLACE, not just some cheap fast-food joint. I was honestly surprised at how dirty the women's rooms actually were compared to the men's.
    Really? That's surprising.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

Similar Threads

  1. Attack on police in Philadelphia.
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2016, 04:45 PM
  2. Teachers stage fake gun attack on kids
    By digesthisickness in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 04:35 PM
  3. On this day in history....
    By raz in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 11:06 PM
  4. Conservative attacks on health confirmed
    By rivercrow in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 03:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO