I'm sitting this one out. These threads =

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    there have to be some good cops out there, but i've never met one. every experience i've had with the cops has been negative, they've never helped me when i needed it but will waste their time fucking people over when they can. i've just heard way too many horror stories. i don't like them, don't respect them, and wouldn't go to them for help if i had a better option.
    Hmm...wait a minute man I think I can understand why.

"I don't. Like them, don't respect them"

So

"Every experience. I've ever had with cops have been negative"

"And I would never go to them for help"

so

"They've never helped me when I needed it"

"There's got to be some good cops out there, but"

"I've. Just heard way to many horror stories"

Of cops that

"Will waste their time fucking over people when they can"

So that might explain why I

"Had never meet one."

There you go man. You've just been looking at it wrong.

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

there have to be some good cops out there, but i've never met one. every experience i've had with the cops has been negative, they've never helped me when i needed it but will waste their time fucking people over when they can. i've just heard way too many horror stories. i don't like them, don't respect them, and wouldn't go to them for help if i had a better option.

So

so

Of cops that

"Had never meet one."

MBTI
    ISTx

Speaking of "lack of respect"... That would be the city of Oakland as a whole, versus their PD. I feel sorry for officers that have to work that city, I really do. Talk about absolutely thankless and a completely hostile environment.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This might sound totally irrational (or not) but my visceral reaction to military men is MUCH more respectful than it is to cops. They're both authority figures, both carry guns, but I tend to respect soldiers, especially ones who have gone to war. I'm much more impressed by it.

Cops on the other hand often scare me or piss me off. I know there are good ones though, there really are. Some abuse their power, but there are good-hearted ones who really just want to protect and serve.

Unfortunately one often encounters the kind of redneck hillbilly Dukes of Hazzard cops who high five each other and assault people much more frequently than the nice gentlemanly Andy Griffith kind. Why is that?

P.S. I know women can be cops and soldiers too. I just have a stronger visceral reaction to males in this position of authority. I think I judge women more rationally and fairly.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I have had some issues with cops few negative experiences mostly positive. the few were tickets and thats it. I for the most part like cops for assisting me with removal of unwanted guest and also one saw me being stalked and drove aside of me and detoured the gangster that was tailing me. I don`t hate cops, their work it tough. I dont have a negative bias toward them regardless of the tickets i got, those errors were my fault and i have no issue with accepting responsibility for my errors

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

But you know what chana this could explain why one hasn't shoot you yet. They think your naive. Don't let them know that their wrong and you'll be safe because they don't shoot the naive for some reason, at least that's what I've been telling people. And now I have you as proof that it's not just bs like all my other theories.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Bobble View Post

So

so

Of cops that

"Had never meet one."

or it's my personal opinion and i'm entitled to it? my respect has to be earned, and it takes more than a badge and a gun to accomplish that for me. i've never acted in a disrespectful way towards the cops, but they've still been dismissive each of the handful of times i called them. and this is as an innocent looking little white girl, i'm not even going to go into how people different from me are treated.

Speaking of "lack of respect"... That would be the city of Oakland as a whole, versus their PD. I feel sorry for officers that have to work that city, I really do. Talk about absolutely thankless and a completely hostile environment.
    they don't "have" to work there. their career is their choice, and if they're not committed to it they really shouldn't be working in an important position that's supposed to help people. but honestly what you're saying about oakland is why i love it. wild wild west

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

But you know what chana this could explain why one hasn't shoot you yet. They think your naive. Don't let them know that their wrong and you'll be safe because they don't shoot the naive for some reason, at least that's what I've been telling people. And now I have you as proof that it's not just bs like all my other theories.
    Yes in my experience male authorities love it when you are demure and kiss their ass. Brings out ye olde protective instinct.

It's also how I dealt with my exes crazy, controlling, violent ISTJ father. I'd just put my head down mostly when I spoke to him (you know, like submissively, eyes downcast). He liked me because of it.

On the other hand, THERE ARE REALLY BAD COPS. I've seen them. Met them. Encountered them. Some people are sadistic and on a power trip, and just picked the right side of the law to exercise their nasty personality.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

you're on some other shit right now, i don't even know what you're talking about. why would anyone shoot me? lol

Yes in my experience male authorities love it when you are demure and kiss their ass. Brings out ye olde protective instinct.
    exactly, i've only been "busted" at like stupid little parties that the cops showed up at, and i never get in any trouble because i just giggle and play dumb. that being said, it's completely fucked up that something that simple can get me out of trouble.