User Tag List

View Poll Results: De-fund Planned Parenthood?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I support de-funding.

8 21.05%
  • No, I do not support de-funding.

30 78.95%
First 7891011 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Morals are intertwined into every law we have. Morals are the foundation of society. Morals are the reason that organization even exist.

Morals can't be discounted here.
    +1 Laws are a reflection of social morals one way or another; and trying to have the law be "neutral" or bracket moral issues just doesn't work(not least of which because it itself is based off certain moral presumptions). If anything it causes more problems in the long run.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Morals are intertwined into every law we have. Morals are the foundation of society. Morals are the reason that organization even exists.

Morals can't be discounted here.

Morals are the reason you're outraged about de-funding. Moral outrage at the negative impact that will result. Why else would you care about the suffering and death of people you don't know? Because you have defined principles for what is right and wrong.

Their morals should be taken into account just as ours should. I don't understand your thought process at all. "Fuck them for trying to defund a program based on some dumbass morals! My own personal value system says that this is right!" What?
    Because there's reasoning coupled with my morality - reasoning being that human beings are still going to have sex. Jenaphor's Bristol Palin example pretty much says it all.

So, since human beings are still going to have sex, without access to education, contraception, and STD testing, I suppose this means they'll just have more diseases and unwanted children.

Diseases and unwanted children are both a financial and social burden, and a much greater financial burden than contraception and STD testing.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Because there's reasoning coupled with my morality - reasoning being that human beings are still going to have sex. Jenaphor's Bristol Palin example pretty much says it all.

So, since human beings are still going to have sex, without access to education, contraception, and STD testing, I suppose this means they'll just have more diseases and unwanted children.

Diseases and unwanted children are both a financial and social burden, and a much greater financial burden than contraception and STD testing.

So their moral decision to have recreational sex has to be taken into account. Gotcha.

Oh look. More morals.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTx

Yeah, she should have just sent her back out on to the street. Because that's where the girl would have went, she would have just went back on the street.

And I'm not sure how being arrested helps people who are so low mentally, emotionally, or financially that they resort to prostitution and drug addiction. It never stopped one of my cousins when she was a crackhead.
    No, she should have set up a case on this guy... She should have been the one rolling the video tape, not accepting bribes and talking about covering for them and sweeping paperwork under the rug.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So their moral decision to have recreational sex has to be taken into account. Gotcha.

Oh look. More morals.
    You can't make other people stop having sex. If you could there wouldn't be so many illegal prostitution rings and teen pregnancies already.

It's nice in theory, but entirely impractical.

I seriously am beginning to think that religious people are a blight on the face of humanity.

MBTI
    ISTx

I seriously am beginning to think that religious people are a blight on the face of humanity.
    Old news.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    Old news.
    Oh, you're right, it is old news. Let us just look back to the crusades, Vlad the Impaler, the constant warring the Caucasus region and the Middle East, and note to ourselves that, YES, it is very old news that religious people are a blight on the face of humanity.

MBTI
    ISTx

Precisely.

Sniffles

You can't make other people stop having sex.
    I asked this before, who exactly is telling people to stop having sex? Other than the Shakers and a few other minor religious movements, I can't think of any major religion that does so. Self-discipline in sex is not the same as complete avoidance, except for those called to celibacy - but they're considered exceptions not the rule.