User Tag List

View Poll Results: De-fund Planned Parenthood?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I support de-funding.

8 21.05%
  • No, I do not support de-funding.

30 78.95%
First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No really, you can't even see how that is related to the topic. I am on topic as well.
    I see exactly what you're saying, but it has nothing to do with the video of the lady that condones child sex trafficking, which is really all I've been talking about.

Sniffles

Aside from Shakers, which religion actually is against sex in toto? What an odd argument to make.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    The problem with this is that it will effect everything your tax money can be used for.
    If you ask "Why should my money be paying for an organization that does <X> that I don't agree with?", you should also be able to ask things like "Why should my money be going to paying for other people's college fees?", "Why should my money be going to paying for a war I don't support?", "Why should my money be supporting elderly people who are going to die soon anyway?", and as mentioned above "Why should my money be used for charity causes?"
    Oh believe me, I do. I certainly do.

I question where we draw the line ALL the time. Are food, clothing, shelter, safety human rights? What about medical and education? What about abortion? Is that a human right that should be subsidized by taxpayers? What about vacationing and tourism as Brussels declared? Where do we draw the line....
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    I see exactly what you're saying, but it has nothing to do with the video of the lady that condones child sex trafficking, which is really all I've been talking about.
    Alright. So what was the point of that in context of this topic?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

HOW WAS THAT LADY CONDONING CHILD SEX TRAFFICKING?

Did you see something I didn't see?

Are you aware that people like prostitutes and drug addicts will be easily frightened away when they fear coercion or punishment, and then they fall through cracks in the system and end up dead on the street?

I think that woman was using diplomacy skills to get that prostitute the help she needed, to maybe connect with her and get her out of that lifestyle, but you can't help people like that by beating them over the head and threatening them with your authority.

MBTI
    ISTx

Christ.

Jaguar: Is the organization breaking the law?

Me: At least in one instance *video here*

The rest is history.

MBTI
    ISTx

HOW WAS THAT LADY CONDONING CHILD SEX TRAFFICKING?

Did you see something I didn't see?

Are you aware that people like prostitutes and drug addicts will be easily frightened away when they fear coercion or punishment, and then they fall through cracks in the system and end up dead on the street?

I think that woman was using diplomacy skills to get that prostitute the help she needed, to maybe connect with her and get her out of that lifestyle, but you can't help people like that by beating them over the head and threatening them with your authority.
    Because she was willing to break PP policy in order to get a minor checked for STDs so she would be fit to work the street. It's right there on the tape. No one said the woman should have stood up and said "I'm calling the cops!" but I'm pretty sure it's a no-brainer the illegality of aiding a pimp in his business of selling kids for sex.

If you want to assume that lady is well intentioned about it, that's your prerogative.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yes, and that's why I don't agree with them pushing their fucking morals on other people at the risk of more unwanted children being born into poverty, not to mention the spread of the HIV virus, and women dying of cervical cancer.

I can understand their whining about abortion, because they believe people are being killed, but pushing their morals about sexuality on to others is just too much, because it simply defies all reason and will actually lead to more suffering and death.
    Morals are intertwined into every law we have. Morals are the foundation of society. Morals are the reason that organization even exists.

Morals can't be discounted here.

Morals are the reason you're outraged about de-funding. Moral outrage at the negative impact that will result. Why else would you care about the suffering and death of people you don't know? Because you have defined principles for what is right and wrong.

Their morals should be taken into account just as ours should. I don't understand your thought process at all. "Fuck them for trying to defund a program based on some dumbass morals! My own personal value system says that this is right!" What?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Because she was willing to break policy/procedure in order to get a minor checked for STDs so she would be fit to work the street.

If you want to assume that lady is well intentioned about it, that's your prerogative.
    Yeah, she should have just sent her back out on to the street. Because that's where the girl would have went, she would have just went back on the street.

And I'm not sure how being arrested helps people who are so low mentally, emotionally, or financially that they resort to prostitution and drug addiction. It never stopped one of my cousins when she was a crackhead.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Christ.

Jaguar: Is the organization breaking the law?

Me: At least in one instance *video here*

The rest is history.
    Right, and I said that was too anecdotal to be relevant, even if it were proof of illegal activity. This is presumably why he also gave an unimpressed response.
    Go to sleep, iguana.