User Tag List

View Poll Results: De-fund Planned Parenthood?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I support de-funding.

8 21.05%
  • No, I do not support de-funding.

30 78.95%
First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Unleash the papillomas!
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    how about free easily reversible vasectomy, to bring life into the world when you really mean to?

it would end the pro lifer, pro choice dilemma
    This I totally agree with.

Infact why has the discovery of implants etc. had women as the focus, why not for the male population have a mandatory use of implants in the the five to eight years of adolescence and early twenties when people are most liable to make mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    The money spent funding one day for the war in Afghanistan is like PP's yearly budget x10000000. It's not even a drop of water in our budget, and only 3% of what they do is abortions, and the federal funds aren't even used for the abortions, so fuckin' yea fund em.

Defunding PP isn't a budgetary issue, it's just pro-lifers who would love nothing better than for PP not to exist.
    I'd love it if PP got with its original programme, you know one of its founders actually being anti-abortion and believing that planned parenthood would be the opposite of it and lead to it disappearing.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This I totally agree with.

Infact why has the discovery of implants etc. had women as the focus, why not for the male population have a mandatory use of implants in the the five to eight years of adolescence and early twenties when people are most liable to make mistakes?
    How exactly do you enforce that?

Also, if girls get used to the idea of men having this (or if their bed partner lies to avoid condom usage), girls might not demand traditional protection when needed.

= herpes and babies.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Planned Parenthood should be defunded, given that individuals would be able to donate to the organization and receive a tax credit (rather than a tax deduction). There's no need for the federal government to be a "middle man". That's just a waste of money.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    How exactly do you enforce that?

Also, if girls get used to the idea of men having this (or if their bed partner lies to avoid condom usage), girls might not demand traditional protection when needed.

= herpes and babies.
    Yeah it seems like a good idea, I actually looked at that and thought it was a good alternative, but there is a certain type of man who actually WANTS to get a woman pregnant so he can own her/control her. My mother's second husband was one of those - he used to poke holes in her diaphragm and her decision to get a tubal ligation (among other things) led to their eventual divorce. He has six children definitely, possibly seven (three of those are the three sisters I always mention having).

But I don't think the herpes rate would be any higher, because people can choose not to use condoms if the woman is on birth control, so that would probably stay about the same, I don't see a significant increased risk.

If i got everything right as a none American I think that this is one of the most apsurd threads/arguments in a while on this forum.

I have found the information that this organization gets every year about 350 million from the government. What would make about 2$ a year per each person in the USA that is capable of doing a job. What would make about 100$ in a lifetime.

On the other hand here is what do you get for that 100$. Greatly reduced chance that your child will be bullied at school or around the school , it reduces the overall amount of STDs in a society what reduces the chance that you will get one (especially since some are not purely transmitted by sexual acts), if just one unwanted child grows up in a criminal that ends up in jail that will cost a lot more than those 100$.(you know:the building itself, food, utilities,transportation, guards and all of their benefits, ...etc)

Those 2$ can also make a difference in a house next door so having a more stable household next to you will surely increase the quality of your life. Also the person that uses their services could avoid a entire series of financial , emotional ...... etc. problems what allow the person to be resurrected form the ashes and repay the debt to you on some way even if you never meet (if nothing they will pay taxes)

In a way it is funny that people are crying together with their friends when someone one in their family dies form cancer related to sexual organ or a STD but they think that it is completely amoral that they have to pay a 2$ dollars of extra tax a year to decrease the chance of that course of events.

Another thing is that stuff like this greatly reduces the general amount of stress in a society what usually generates far more productive climate. ( if you have changed many jobs it is likely that you have noticed the difference in this effect from place to place)

Also it is a fact that this activity generates a small amount of jobs. What can reduce federal expenses for unemployed what then reduces the pressure from taxpayers for a small degree since the entire program is basically pretty small when compared to the entire system.
    On the other hand I am willing to bet that you spend much more money to far more stupid things. Like color of the toilet paper in government buildings, some fence that is in the middle of the nowhere, heating of some warehouses that dont even even require that, flowers in some park you may not even see in your lifetime,...... and I will not even go to the fact that you have a trillion dollar economy , the defense budget that is about 200 times larger than this and all those failed project started by the US government.

I mean are these two dollars a year truly that much of a problem?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I mean are these two dollars a year truly that much of a problem?
    Haven't you heard? We can't in good conscience spend money on things that people don't want money spent on. You bring up very good points, but think of all the people who would be morally wrecked if they discovered tax dollars went to fund an abortion. It would be along the same lines of a person learning that their government sanctioned executions, invasions, ethnic cleansings, or any other morally questionable killings.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Haven't you heard? We can't in good conscience spend money on things that people don't want money spent on. You bring up very good points, but think of all the people who would be morally wrecked if they discovered tax dollars went to fund an abortion. It would be along the same lines of a person learning that their government sanctioned executions, invasions, ethnic cleansings, or any other morally questionable killings.

Actually I was expecting that I will get this answer. But none the less the situation can be fixed. Take out the money that goes to the the paying of abortions out of the deal and make a special account that can be filled only with donations. (which are 2/3 of the their budget anyway)
    I truly dont see a reason why destroy a good concept because one element is against values of some people .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Actually I was expecting that I will get this answer. But none the less the situation can be fixed. Take out the money that goes to the the paying of abortions out of the deal and make a special account that can be filled only with donations. (which are 2/3 of the their budget anyway)
    I truly dont see a reason why destroy a good concept because one element is against values of some people .
    Because of the Hyde Amendment, no US federal funds can be spent to pay for abortions with the exception of medicaid in cases of rape, incest or life endangerment. So, US federal tax dollars aren't paying for abortion now except in those cases. Planned Parenthood funds abortion services from other sources. Those arguing against Planned Parenthood claim that money is fungible, and therefore no tax dollars should go to any abortion provider. Or they are arguing that Planned Parenthood condones or encourages immoral behavior.