User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Oberon

I want to go curl up with a glass of wine and a volume of Edmund Burke...

EDIT: And I'd take the bottle with me.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

So (naturally), to cut the defence budget less, they'd now like to cut the NIH budget significantly instead.

Edit - actual cuts not as bad as predicted.
    Last edited by Octarine; 04-12-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yay Obama!

I'm completely pleased with the way he salvaged this. I was beginning to be sorry that I voted for him, but he pulled through.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yay Obama!

I'm completely pleased with the way he salvaged this. I was beginning to be sorry that I voted for him, but he pulled through.
    Oh thank God they left pell grants alone. We actually have people that are classified as homeless taking classes here on campus... They come in really early in the mornings and go to the bathrooms that have showers back in our automotive area or in the fitness center to clean up before class... You will never be able to convince me that these people don't deserve a chance... One of our homeless students, attended classes on financial aid and pell grants and he went on to graduate with honors, and landed a job that got him back on his feet. So instead of him and his five year old son living out of their car, they were able to start living out of an apartment, and eventually after reestablishing himself a house.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Oh thank God they left pell grants alone. We actually have people that are classified as homeless taking classes here on campus... They come in really early in the mornings and go to the bathrooms that have showers back in our automotive area or in the fitness center to clean up before class... You will never be able to convince me that these people don't deserve a chance... One of our homeless students, attended classes on financial aid and pell grants and he went on to graduate with honors, and landed a job that got him back on his feet. So instead of him and his five year old son living out of their car, they were able to start living out of an apartment, and eventually after reestablishing himself a house.
    That's something a lot of people don't realize about being homeless... ANYBODY can be homeless. Most folks are about three missed paychecks away from being homeless, and don't even know it. That includes me (except for the not-knowing-it part).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

I'm honestly wondering if these people want a civil war. The rest of the world must think our country is full of complete morons.
    They are pretty insightful afterall
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    That's something a lot of people don't realize about being homeless... ANYBODY can be homeless. Most folks are about three missed paychecks away from being homeless, and don't even know it. That includes me (except for the not-knowing-it part).
    With the wonderful condition of the economy I'm always a little bit fearful of cut backs at my work and losing my job. Thankfully I'm close to having a lot of my debt paid off. That will make me feel a little bit better about finances. It's just so uncertain. Never know what life is gonna throw at me...

Oberon

I'm honestly wondering if these people want a civil war. The rest of the world must think our country is full of complete morons.
    I doubt that our web presence is doing much to convince them otherwise, Marm.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I want to go curl up with a glass of wine and a volume of Edmund Burke...

EDIT: And I'd take the bottle with me.
    You'd need to reading your man.