User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 182

  1. #151
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    I want to go curl up with a glass of wine and a volume of Edmund Burke...

    EDIT: And I'd take the bottle with me.

  2. #152
    The Eighth Colour Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    So (naturally), to cut the defence budget less, they'd now like to cut the NIH budget significantly instead.

    Edit - actual cuts not as bad as predicted.
    Last edited by Octarine; 04-12-2011 at 08:35 AM.

  3. #153
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Yay Obama!

    I'm completely pleased with the way he salvaged this. I was beginning to be sorry that I voted for him, but he pulled through.

  4. #154
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yay Obama!

    I'm completely pleased with the way he salvaged this. I was beginning to be sorry that I voted for him, but he pulled through.
    Oh thank God they left pell grants alone. We actually have people that are classified as homeless taking classes here on campus... They come in really early in the mornings and go to the bathrooms that have showers back in our automotive area or in the fitness center to clean up before class... You will never be able to convince me that these people don't deserve a chance... One of our homeless students, attended classes on financial aid and pell grants and he went on to graduate with honors, and landed a job that got him back on his feet. So instead of him and his five year old son living out of their car, they were able to start living out of an apartment, and eventually after reestablishing himself a house.

  5. #155
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Oh thank God they left pell grants alone. We actually have people that are classified as homeless taking classes here on campus... They come in really early in the mornings and go to the bathrooms that have showers back in our automotive area or in the fitness center to clean up before class... You will never be able to convince me that these people don't deserve a chance... One of our homeless students, attended classes on financial aid and pell grants and he went on to graduate with honors, and landed a job that got him back on his feet. So instead of him and his five year old son living out of their car, they were able to start living out of an apartment, and eventually after reestablishing himself a house.
    That's something a lot of people don't realize about being homeless... ANYBODY can be homeless. Most folks are about three missed paychecks away from being homeless, and don't even know it. That includes me (except for the not-knowing-it part).

  6. #156
    Senior Member ScorpioINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'm honestly wondering if these people want a civil war. The rest of the world must think our country is full of complete morons.
    They are pretty insightful afterall
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

  7. #157
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    That's something a lot of people don't realize about being homeless... ANYBODY can be homeless. Most folks are about three missed paychecks away from being homeless, and don't even know it. That includes me (except for the not-knowing-it part).
    With the wonderful condition of the economy I'm always a little bit fearful of cut backs at my work and losing my job. Thankfully I'm close to having a lot of my debt paid off. That will make me feel a little bit better about finances. It's just so uncertain. Never know what life is gonna throw at me...

  8. #158
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'm honestly wondering if these people want a civil war. The rest of the world must think our country is full of complete morons.
    I doubt that our web presence is doing much to convince them otherwise, Marm.

  9. #159
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default


  10. #160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I want to go curl up with a glass of wine and a volume of Edmund Burke...

    EDIT: And I'd take the bottle with me.
    You'd need to reading your man.

Similar Threads

  1. In this part of the United States, principals still legally hit students
    By Olm the Water King in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-23-2015, 02:40 PM
  2. Finding the proper role of government in modern society.
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-24-2012, 07:25 PM
  3. My fear of giving in to the self. on love
    By Bokeh in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 09:51 AM
  4. TP's/FP's: Effects of Fi in last place vs "preferred" position?
    By Eric B in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 07:30 AM
  5. U.S.E (United states of Europe)
    By Virtual ghost in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 01:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO