User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Oh boo hoo! I've never seen a poor doctor. You have got to be winding people up.....and I do know a few doctors personally. Besides I'm sure there are other western countries that they could relocate business to, if insurance costs get too onerous. I'm sure they would be welcomed with open arms, as there is a shortage of medical staff world wide.
    I see your emotive bluff and call it.
    Doctors aren't insanely rich, like everyone believes first 10 years out of medical school you really don't make a ton a money. Yeah they aren't poor, but its not likely they have yachts and home in the hamptons and can afford to go to europe all the time.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The irony was growing up seeing comedies on TV that joked about doctors and their "condos" and other luxuries; realizing these entertainers were making hundreds times as much (already having that Hamptons lifestyle, both coasts, yachts, around the world etc. and so much more), and their profession is not even as vital!
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was a lifelong Republican, by birth, and even considered Democrats as "bad" until about 2000 or so. Then, for the first time, especially because my growing knowledge of politics had changed what I believed, I voted Democrat in 2000 and 2004. After Dubya won reelection, I was getting my driver's license renewed in PA, and they asked if I wanted to change party affiliation, and I said, "Hell, yes," and became a registered Democrat.

The party switch was an impulsive decision, based on anger at what I had seen happen with Bush in charge; and I don't even really identify as a Democrat, I just vote for whoever I think is the best candidate(s). But I had seen enough to just want out. I think I'm the only registered Democrat in my entire family, including my ex-in-laws.

Yes. I first decided I was bailing to Democrat when Bush's dirty politics in SC knocked McCain out of the Repub nom battle in 2000, and things never improved, they only worsened. And to have people even seriously ENTERTAIN Palin as a potential presidential material? I just want out of that madness. To see Michele Bachmann take such prominence nowadays... It's crazy.
    Funny, when I think of the one time I was in your area; spending a day at Hershey in '97; and we went to the Harrisburg Mall, and stopped in the Waldenbooks (or Barnes & Noble), and I remember picked up Bork's Slouching Towards Gomorrha, and was totally aggrivated by all the self-righteous moralizing (even as a Chrstian myself with a conservative morality/lifestyle). He also subtly appeared to look down on minorities, like associating them with the stuff he's criticizing. (And I continue to run across some TP/Chrstian Conservative types who boldly echo such sentiments, and throw in unions now as well!)

Anyway, just funny that if I had run into you back then, you would have been such a conservative!
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Funny, when I think of the one time I was in your area; spending a day at Hershey in '97; and we went to the Harrisburg Mall, and stopped in the Waldenbooks (or Barnes & Noble), and I picked up Bork's Slouching Towards Gomorrha, and was totally aggrivated by all the self-righteous moralizing (even as a Chrstian myself with a conservative morality/lifestyle). He also subtly appears to look down on minorities, like associating them with the stuff he's criticizing. And I continue to run across some TP/Chrstian Conservative types who boldly echo such sentiments, and throw in unions now as well!

Anyway, just funny that if I had run into you back then, you would have been such a conservative!
    It's quite a Victorian mindset - and a bit fatalistic, reminding me more of Hindu castes in India, as well. "The poor deserve their lot in life. It must be because they're not working hard enough. God intended it this way."

It's very bizarre. It reminds of the stories in the New Testament where Jesus was talking about the Pharissee's praying loudly on the street corner for all to see, and judging everyone around them, but having no real love, charity, kindness, or forgiveness in their hearts.

I don't know how people can rationalize greed, or even indirect murder in the case of Medicare/Medicaid and call themselves Christians, and do it to the point of acting all superior about it.

That's what disgusts me the most, as I've already mentioned. At least the people who make it all about money are being honest.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Every time the government shuts down it really seems to be of minimal impact to myself or anybody I know.
    Oh well if it didn't effect anyone who you personally know, then it must not have happened.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's quite a Victorian mindset - and a bit fatalistic, reminding me more of Hindu castes in India, as well. "The poor deserve their lot in life. It must be because they're not working hard enough. God intended it this way."
    Why does that remind me of The Emperor's New Groove?

Yzma: It is no concern of mine whether or not your family has... what was it again?
    Peasant: Umm... food?
    Yzma: Ha! You really should have thought of that before you became peasants!

Slinking out of the politics section...

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Its strange to me that peoples political affiliation is on their driving licence in the states or that you register as one or the other.

I reckon by republican standards the democrats, especially the Clinton administration, were pretty good, they were conservatives in the sense of trying to balance expenditure and tackle deficits. Not that it did a lot of good.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Doctors aren't insanely rich, like everyone believes first 10 years out of medical school you really don't make a ton a money. Yeah they aren't poor, but its not likely they have yachts and home in the hamptons and can afford to go to europe all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    The irony was growing up seeing comedies on TV that joked about doctors and their "condos" and other luxuries; realizing these entertainers were making hundreds times as much (already having that Hamptons lifestyle, both coasts, yachts, around the world etc. and so much more), and their profession is not even as vital!
    I'm sure it has been said by DiscoBiscuit already that those who have a medical degree need to have insurance in case of liability. This is even more true when you get into the more riskier parts (brain surgeon and such.) Not getting insurance is practically dooming yourself to lawsuits after lawsuits... many that really don't have to be... but have to be payed anyways because the patient really really wanted to sue the person. And...well... insurance is costly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
    I'm sure it has been said by DiscoBiscuit already that those who have a medical degree need to have insurance in case of liability. This is even more true when you get into the more riskier parts (brain surgeon and such.) Not getting insurance is practically dooming yourself to lawsuits after lawsuits... many that really don't have to be... but have to be payed anyways because the patient really really wanted to sue the person. And...well... insurance is costly.
    Insurance companies love to rip people off. That's why you can pay four times as much for the same medicine during a hospital stay as you would getting it on an out-patient basis from a pharmacy. It's absolutely shocking.

The entire set up of the health insurance companies is a big huge fucking scam.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah, and if that weren't bad in itself; they are indignantly ANGRY at those they blame; truly seeing them as salting away the entire economy and quality of life. In other sites I go on, I see names such as "thugs", "slugs", "goons", "bums", and the latest one, based on a recent Wall Street Journal article; "takers, not makers". Most of this is aimed at unions now, in light of recent news events, but it's also thought of regarding minorities.
    That's what disgusts me the most, as I've already mentioned. At least the people who make it all about money are being honest.
    It's very bizarre. It reminds of the stories in the New Testament where Jesus was talking about the Pharissee's praying loudly on the street corner for all to see, and judging everyone around them, but having no real love, charity, kindness, or forgiveness in their hearts.
    It's the same exact thing. People think of themselves as "the chosen", which to them means special privilege in the world. This is fueled from a past where they did have more power. Yet, they see they are losing it, and thus those seen as taking it from them (as well as people in their own movement seen as "compromising" somehow) must be blamed and demonized as the enemies of God. We're all suffering "curses" because of these other people's sins.

What both the Pharisees, and many people today have missed, is, first of all, "chosenness" is a burden of service to God, not ruling over others. God did promise at times rulership, but that was only if they held up their end of the covenant through faithful service. The Israelites didn't. Hence, becoming dominated by the Gentiles. Going to the opposite extreme of legalism did not make up for this; it only made it worse!
    Rulership was promised to Christians also, but this was when Christ returned. However, there were differing interpretations of this, that led some to feel the Kingdom was the Church and the nations the growing institution eventually dominated. So it was the same thing all over again.
    Eventually, people break away and form America, and with something called "covenant theology" surmised that the country was the new Israel, and among some, that wealth was the sign of election! So this whole attitude stuck, even among those who do not officially believe that theology.

So yes, they condemn the modern prosperity gospel, but that is just a more consistent version of their ideology. The error of prosperity gospel I guess is that it extends the "blessings" to everyone.
    I don't know how people can rationalize greed, or even indirect murder in the case of Medicare/Medicaid and call themselves Christians, and do it to the point of acting all superior about it.
    To them, it's not greed, because they "worked for it", and "the market" says they're worth it. Then, they just point out how the liberals are the ones who favor "murder" though abortion, and the "greed" of the poor who want something for nothing, and buy big fancy cars an stuff with their welfare check.

Type Ideas