Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    My uncle, who's the head of cardiology at Baylor medical in Dallas, has had a hard time breaking even with the ridiculous amount of insurance he has to pay to cover possible malpractice suits.

This burden has gotten to the point where it is almost dumb to go into any specialty where serious life saving surgery is involved.

Adding more taxes to the already ridiculous insurance burdens will only push more Dr's out of the field.

Luckily my father is a periodontist so the insurance burdens aren't as steep (but still quite significant), seeing as no one dies if he messes up (which he never has [he's never been sued which is a rarity in his profession]).

Given the current burdens, it is becoming more and more reasonable to go into less socially beneficial careers where the money is still good.

Parts of this thread are so short sighted it hurts.

It makes steam come out of my fucking ears to even contemplate. Thus I will leave y'all to your own devices.

Enjoy agreeing with each other all afternoon.

I've got a master's party/ corn hole tournament to go to.

Peace bitches.
    No, you're being short sighted. If you saw the big picture you'd realize the problem is with the insurance companies themselves, the insanely litigious nature of our society, and pharmaceutical companies...it's actually not with doctors...I have no issue with doctors ...unless they "go into plastic surgery cuz it pays better."

So again, the real problem is not with anyone who is in a particularly useful profession...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Either way, many doctors are being pushed to the breaking point already.

I'm fine with taxing those who make the forbes 400 list and their ilk, as long as you don't punish (throw the baby out with the bathwater) good men like my father and my uncle, who can ill afford the legislation of your morals.

Later.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I reckon state shutdowns are polarising, I've heard people on other forums talk positively about the possibility of a shutdown, they think it will demonstrate to people that they dont need the government and to other people, ie government employees, that they need to find another more secure line of work.

No real comment as to where or who for all these surplus people are going to work for but you know, always was the problem with the free market, its like arguing for anarchy, its all good until you have a question about it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Every time the government shuts down it really seems to be of minimal impact to myself or anybody I know.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Every time the government shuts down it really seems to be of minimal impact to myself or anybody I know.
    Really? Time to get the fortune five hundred a tax break from the sound of it!

I'm fine with taxing those who make the forbes 400 list and their ilk, as long as you don't punish (throw the baby out with the bathwater) good men like my father and my uncle, who can ill afford the legislation of your morals.

Later.
    Sure. I mean, the top 20% of Americans make up the bulk of America's income.
    At the same time, the age group that is still the most unemployed are the 18-29 year olds.
    A big chunk of America doesn't even make 50k, while the next big chunk makes more than 50k but less than those 20% of top earners.

I commend respect towards teachers and doctors (the ones that actually do their job) and quite a few other jobs. I commend almost no respect for people like those who work for wall street to count and shuffle numbers around just to somehow get rich.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I guarantee it won't happen. So no worries people.

And when it doesn't happen, I'm also quoting this post to brag about my prediction.

Republicans tried it in 1995-96, and took all the blame, and it helped Clinton get re-elected. The same thing would happen this time, as polls are already indicating.
    Ohhhhh look. I was right. Genius!

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Later.
    Oh boo hoo! I've never seen a poor doctor. You have got to be winding people up.....and I do know a few doctors personally. Besides I'm sure there are other western countries that they could relocate business to, if insurance costs get too onerous. I'm sure they would be welcomed with open arms, as there is a shortage of medical staff world wide.
    I see your emotive bluff and call it.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    That makes no sense since so many members of the Tea Party are like crazy evangelicals.
    That's precisely the point. They are totally unhappy with the Republicans on abortion (most have totally compromised with it, or given it up), as well as "big govt".
    Many, in '04 began talking about the Constitution Party. Don't know what happened with that in '08, but they really want a third party. Seems like Huckabee and Ron Paul are the closest to their ideal.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Oh boo hoo! I've never seen a poor doctor. You have got to be winding people up.....and I do know a few doctors personally. Besides I'm sure there are other western countries that they could relocate business to, if insurance costs get too onerous. I'm sure they would be welcomed with open arms, as there is a shortage of medical staff world wide.
    I see your emotive bluff and call it.
    I don't bluff about the well being of my family.

I'm serious as a heart attack.

I could tell you all the things that are wrong with your post, but I'm just gonna be lazy and let it go.

Shutdown averted, you all can go back to getting incensed about something else now.