Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Probably time for America to change from a financial economy to an industrial economy.

You can feel free to correct me on that one cause I have no clue what I am really talking about (but I heard it on television !)
    Manufacturing jobs being outsourced in other countries is hurting our economy, as we no longer have a manufacturing based economy. One big job loss during this recession has been places like furniture factories closing, et al.

Apparently it's bad when a country relies on ONE BIG THING to make money for them - they get too comfortable when they are doing well from that thing - until it starts to fail or slack, then they have nothing to fall back on.

That's why it's also a problem for Russia to depend so much on gas and oil.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

^^ wise words, I'll keep em in mind.

I think you'll manage, America has high competencies in the electronic sector and when things like home automatisation and electromobility will start to dawn there will be a lot more new companies IN your country. Of course renwables is a topic aswelll, I think american research is leading on geothermics and we will hear a lot in the future about that.

Do you think they'ld hire a german engineer ? My gf and me are thinking more and more about making over to you guys
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

^^ wise words, I'll keep em in mind.

I think you'll manage, America has high competencies in the electronic sector and when things like home automatisation and electromobility will start to dawn there will be a lot more new companies IN your country. Of course renwables is a topic aswelll, I think american research is leading on geothermics and we will hear a lot in the future about that.

Do you think they'ld hire a german engineer ? My gf and me are thinking more and more about making over to you guys
    Yes and apparently manufacturing jobs have increased in the past few months, and it's a topic of great focus, which bodes well since people recognize it to be problematic.

Well, good luck, entropie if you're looking for work in the United States. I don't know how to influence your getting hired in any way, but it would be nice to have you and your gf in our country.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Probably time for America to change from a financial economy to an industrial economy.

You can feel free to correct me on that one cause I have no clue what I am really talking about (but I heard it on television !)
    America is an industrial economy. We're the world's third largest exporter and largest producer of goods.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    America is an industrial economy. We're the world's third largest exporter and largest producer of goods.
    The United States has rapidly been heading toward becoming post-industrialist due to a sharp decline in manufacturing, and consuming more than one produces.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

And the money from all the exports are going to the US government/people through...?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    The United States has rapidly been heading toward becoming post-industrialist due to a sharp decline in manufacturing, and consuming more than one produces.
    Decline in manufacturing jobs. There's a difference. More can be done with less labor today. The percentage of gdp produced by manufacturing has remained pretty steady for many, many years.

Also, there's a shift away from low-end consumer items toward higher end items. Instead of furniture and clothing, we're making jet engines and microprocessors.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    And the money from all the exports are going to the US government/people through...?
    Profit. When people buy stuff, the seller makes money. They pay some of this to their employees, save some, invest some, and some goes back the government in taxes.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Decline in manufacturing jobs. There's a difference. More can be done with less labor today. The percentage of gdp produced by manufacturing has remained pretty steady for many, many years.

Also, there's a shift away from low-end consumer items toward higher end items. Instead of furniture and clothing, we're making jet engines and microprocessors.
    If it isn't about jobs, then what's the point? Great, some executives and Wall Street traders get to make even more money, while the 99ers are wondering how they'll eat in the next few weeks, not whether they can afford the newest Gulfstream.

What's the point of making any of these "high-end products" when you'll ultimately derive no benefit from it, other than some pittance of a paycheck?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Producing these high-end products requires a certain minimum skill-set or education-level that not all workers can satisfy. It doesn't mean that they're lazy or are not looking for a job and just collecting unemployment cheques. What happens to those who are more suited to producing the "consumer" goods? And of course, the first place where budget cuts are aimed at is at education...

I'm beginning to think the main challenge of overpopulation won't be the issue of resources such as energy, land or food. It'll be a social crisis with regards to unemployment and quality of life.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell