User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    SEXY

Default Disturbing little bedtime story from Holland! Possible WTF of the year?

Yesterday there was in the news a story of a 12 year old girl. She was on a field trip with her primary school when she got a terrible stomach ache. The teachers called an ambulance and she was rushed to the hospital, but on the way there the medical staff in the ambulance discovered she wasn't ill, she was going into labor!

Imagine that, a 12 year old girl giving birth to a baby. By the time that girl reaches my age, her child will allready be half her age. And if that isn't freaky enough. The girl didn't even know she was pregnant (I'm wondering how big this girl must've been already that she wouldn't notice the weight gain!) The girl also claims she doesn't know who the father is.

Anyways, there is a lot of suspicion of incestuous rape in the media. Police are investigating it, but haven't released a statement yet, and have actually taken the parent's to a secure location to safe them from journalists' which hunts.

At first I cried HOAX, but since then every major and reliable newssource has posted the story, and her classmates are tweeting about it!

Mother and child are doing well, but have been placed in a foster family for as long as the investigation lasts
    (removed)

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'm jaded when it comes to stories like these.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm jaded when it comes to stories like these.
    Yeah, the story is awful but things like this happen unfortunately too often to qualify as 'wtf of the year'. I vaguely recall a recent story about a rapist impregnating a 9 year-old.

Edit: I just googled it; its apparently happened several times in multiple countries over the last few years. I think I'm going to take my mind off of real life horror by watching a horror movie now.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Is it just me or things like this are part of everyday life in a third world countries ?
    I mean for me this is very far from tthe "WTF of the year".

Ginkgo

This reminds me of fat babies

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrVJeHmHVEE"][/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ISTx

^What's more disturbing is that fat baby's mom would bring him on a show like Maury and then encourage him to dance on the stage as some sort of spectacle. Just kind of weird, because the woman obviously seems to really care/worry about the kid. Whatever. People are pretty stupid.

MBTI
    GONE

I wouldn't jump to incest or rape, though those are tragic possibilities. Children get more and more actively sexualized, earlier, every year. I think a lot of kids, especially girls are coerced into it for a variety of reasons. You can juxtapose this article with the big hoopla in the states over Abercrombie and Fitch marketing padded bikini bras for 11 year old girls and beauty pageant circuits for little girls where 5 year olds are made to look like 30 year old women. It all makes so much sense it's kinda sad...and gross.

And it's not a 'third world' phenomena, it's a pretty common story in the news in the states about teens and tweens giving birth, and wasn't that 12 year old 'dad' in the news from the UK? Arrrgh, makes me wanna
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    ^What's more disturbing is that fat baby's mom would bring him on a show like Maury and then encourage him to dance on the stage as some sort of spectacle. Just kind of weird, because the woman obviously seems to really care/worry about the kid. Whatever. People are pretty stupid.
    His 'dance' is actually an early red flag for autism. Someone should make an animated gif.

MBTI
    SEXY

To the people saying that this is everyday life: Maybe it is over where you live. But Holland has the lowest teen pregnancy rate of Europe (possibly the world) and excellent child protection laws, so over here 12 year old mothers are about as common as unicorns. To illustrate how serious this case is taken, police have put a full investigative team on the job of finding out who the father is.
    (removed)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    To the people saying that this is everyday life: Maybe it is over where you live. But Holland has the lowest teen pregnancy rate of Europe (possibly the world) and excellent child protection laws, so over here 12 year old mothers are about as common as unicorns. To illustrate how serious this case is taken, police have put a full investigative team on the job of finding out who the father is.
    Ok. Actually my logic is global so one case like this does not make a real difference to me. (just saying)