User Tag List

First 12

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

I wouldn't jump to incest or rape, though those are tragic possibilities.
    That's exactly what I would jump to. I'd first suspect the girl's father of raping her because she was so young.

Not to try and steal the thread here, but the youngest girl to give birth was only five years old. Sickening.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Ok. Actually my logic is global so one case like this does not make a real difference to me. (just saying)
    Meh, I think I should be glad to live in a country where teenage pregnancy is a newsstory rather then a statistic!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    That's exactly what I would jump to. I'd first suspect the girl's father of raping her because she was so young.

Not to try and steal the thread here, but the youngest girl to give birth was only five years old. Sickening.
    Yeah, when I was 12 years old I was playing hide and seek, making lego cars and climbing trees. I still thought girls hat cooties and couldn't imagine ever playing with them. If I have difficulty imagining a 12 year old mother, I have even more difficulty imagining a 12 year old father!
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Yet nobody makes a fuss about that Jesus story.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post

OMG, I weep for that child.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Oh geez, this thread is kind of heartbreaking.

We humans are damn bizarre!

Would a DNA test of the baby and the father of the 12-year-old girl reveal anything? Since she and him have similar DNA as well?

And if it IS her father and her's child, what does it mean about the health of the baby? Aren't incestuous babies kind of...wonky? Could that be used as evidence to convict the dad?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ DNA would certainly reveal the father of the child, and that would be all needed to charge him. As far as I know, Holland doesn't give kids the ability to consent.

The health of the child may be at stake, mentally or physically. Breeding too close to family lines, moreless within them, tends to cause health risks.

.. That's about all I can say on the topic.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ DNA would certainly reveal the father of the child, and that would be all needed to charge him.
    But would it ever be possible for the results to come back and they'd be like "I don't know if this DNA is of the mother or father....it's just too close to tell!"

Cause any link to the father's DNA could be explained by him being the mother's father as well. Him and the baby are related regardless if he's the father or not.

I dunno...just seems like something he could use to wiggle his way out of allegations. If she didn't testify against him, that is.

@ Fat Babies and OP

These parents... un-freaking-believable.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Oh geez, this thread is kind of heartbreaking.

We humans are damn bizarre!

Would a DNA test of the baby and the father of the 12-year-old girl reveal anything? Since she and him have similar DNA as well?

And if it IS her father and her's child, what does it mean about the health of the baby? Aren't incestuous babies kind of...wonky? Could that be used as evidence to convict the dad?
    The DNA test would work because of the way DNA is transmitted in procreation. A child gets 23 chromosomes from it's mother and 23 from it's father. Let's say by sheer coincidence it got the 23 chromosomes that the girl inherrited from the father, you would still know that he's the father because the child would have all the same chromosomes as him (this doesn't even mean the child has exactly the same DNA, the chances of that are extremely small).

As for incestuous babies, they only have an slightly bigger chance of catching inheritable diseases that already run in the family (hemophilia, breast cancer, diabetes). I believe it's due to the fact that the same part of malfunctioning DNA can be present in both the chromosomes inherrited from the mother and the father. Statistical research on retardedness in incestuous babies is inconclussive however, and there are many contradicting researches. At the very worst you can safely say that chances are neglectable.
    (removed)