User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Smoking Ban

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I can advise everyone to only quit smoking. I havent known what health benefits I was missing since I am clean
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I can advise everyone to only quit smoking. I havent known what health benefits I was missing since I am clean
    +1 on that one.

Basically its a good idea, whether the state paternalism or cash scam side of these things piss you off or not there's no real upside to smoking when you think about it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That's a different thing I agree. I dunno why they are prohibiting smoking in cars in America but in Germany it made sense. Since 99% of the cars here are a manual, smoking in the car has in fact led to accidents (they banned mobiles aswell). Why they are banning it nonetheless in America I dont understand in that regards.
    I think the law should be adjusted that people can smoke in their own vehicles if the windows are rolled up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I think the law should be adjusted that people can smoke in their own vehicles if the windows are rolled up.
    i don't think people are getting drive-by secondhand smoke. plus that'd just make the car really smokey and could be distracting.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Everyone smoking with their windows down contributes incrementally to air pollution...then again, SO DOES THE CARBON MONOXIDE COMING FROM CARS.

I always thought the best place to smoke is your own porch or back yard, and if people want to smoke in their houses that's fine, and I actually think bars that serve alcohol and only serve patrons over the age of 21 should be able to allow smoking since they are bars, after all, it's not like anyone is going there to have dinner, and everyone who enters is an adult who enters by choice.

I used to smoke with my car windows down because of the reason that you say, but I'd honestly like to see some statistics on air pollution factors before I say yay or nay on that one.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Did you know btw that most of the air pollution a car does is done by its tires bringing dust in the air ?

Carbon monoxide problems are majorly industrial and cow farts fault. So we have to just eat lesser meat and dont let outselves get fooled by politicians that our 69 corvette was a bad thing

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Did you know btw that most of the air pollution a car does is done by its tires bringing dust in the air ?

Carbon monoxide problems are majorly industrial and cow farts fault. So we have to just eat lesser meat and dont let outselves get fooled by politicians that our 69 corvette was a bad thing
    I agree that most air pollution is actually industrial, and I say this as someone who lived in beautiful, wild, wonderful West Virginia...that is also full of factories.

I think the air quality is worse in Institute, West Virginia than it is in San Fernando, CA.

HOWEVER, if you've ever been to L.A. you will notice smog - which is apparently not as bad as it was a couple of decades ago - due to traffic. I actually noticed the difference of the color in the sky on the freeway in L.A. and the freeway in Orange County when I lived here in 1999/2000. That's pretty disgusting.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yea it's that simple quantity of cars that does the pollution again in the end you are right. Still the corvette I once will own does feel no guilt ! It is wreckless xD. Uaah lame word play

Little did we realize that one day Sharon Stone's line: "What are you going to do, charge me with smoking?" would become a serious issue.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i understand a ban in restaurants, shops, and other public places but i agree that bars, clubs, anywhere with an age limit the owners should be able to decide. and limiting people smoking outdoors/in their own car seems retarded.

i get jealous watching mad men though because they got to smoke wherever they wanted back in the day. i also end up chain smoking through the whole episode.