User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default There's an agenda here but I don't know what it is

In the midst of this new conflict of sorts, THIS is of the top headlining stories:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...civilians.html

The photos about half way down are a bit disturbing though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

It's a sad and pathetic story (not the news story itself, but what happened). Hopefully, justice will be done.

figsfiggyfigs

This makes me physically sick.

Like Mcguff said, hopefully justice will be served.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    It's a sad and pathetic story (not the news story itself, but what happened). Hopefully, justice will be done.
    I don't consider a mere 24-year sentence to be justice for such a crime; not only did they deliberately and callously kill multiple civilians, they have endangered the lives of other soilders who will be targeted by militants persuaded that American soilders are psychotic oppressors on the basis of the actions of these piece of shit assholes. Those who confessed should have gotten life.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I don't consider a mere 24-year sentence to be justice for such a crime; not only did they deliberately and callously kill multiple civilians, they have endangered the lives of other soilders who will be targeted by militants persuaded that American soilders are psychotic oppressors on the basis of the actions of these piece of shit assholes. Those who confessed should have gotten life.
    I read something about how hard it was to get longer sentences for some of this stuff. I think the confessor will be eligible for parole in less than a decade too.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    In the midst of this new conflict of sorts, THIS is of the top headlining stories:
    I'm not one to make apologies for anti-American bias, but I think this is a legitimate top headline story.

MBTI
    ISTx

It's been done. Dudes have been charged (plead guilty), one has been sentenced to 24 years in prison.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    It's been done. Dudes have been charged (plead guilty), one has been sentenced to 24 years in prison.
    The consequences of their actions on the mission in Afghanistan, however, are far from over. The way in which the story is presented may be biased, but its legitimate headlining subject matter. It sucks that the story will inevitably be used to demonize American soilders in general, however.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    The consequences of their actions on the mission in Afghanistan, however, are far from over. The way in which the story is presented may be biased, but its legitimate headlining subject matter. It sucks that the story will inevitably be used to demonize American soilders in general, however.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm saying. I don't think stories such as this need to be at the forefront right now. It only detrimentally impacts morale further as well as our nation's cohesion, which is already at an all time low.

Both are appalling, the actions of the men against innocent civilians and also the sensationalising of the story, clips and pics. Considering what the military does, it's no surprise that there are some sociopaths who join. No matter how much battle fatigue and killing someone does, what these 4 men did was sickening. Using a 15 year old boy's finger as a trophy and other collected scalps from adults, is indicative of sociopathic mass murderers.