User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Here is a link People might find useful over the next few weeks.
    It's an election watch site. With updated polls.

Tories are on the verge of winning a majority if the vote were held today.
    Let's see what happens.
    The trend is upward for the Tories and downward for the Libs

http://cdnelectionwatch.blogspot.com...s-of-2011.html

A window to the soul

Rawr liberals! I know many of you are well intentioned, but your arguments sound irrational to me. Combining a godless worldview and naive idealism to form a clever argument amounts to useless brilliance that ignores reality. One such naive idealism is a perfect world with perfect equality and freedom. It's those types of liberal fantasies that have proven to be the most dangerous delusions in our world's history, but yet liberals still desire to hold on to their fallacies where they find some type of irrational comfort. It's perplexing. Logical, rational, healthy folks learn from their mistakes, become self-restrained, moral, and surrender to a higher authority (which includes God). Logical, rational, healthy, self-restrained folks consider the innocent life that is the unborn child and opt not to support abortion. Conservatism is *not* following a 'feel good' herd of sheeples aimlessly off the edge of a cliff! Conservatism is more like a passionate belief in the rewards of hard work, and innovation...

While the conservatives are relaxing happily in suburbia after a hard week of work, taking road trips with their families in their SUVs, sipping iced tea by the pool with friends, and thanking God every night for it all... Are the liberals fretting about entitlements to irrational things (i.e., right to abortion, right to smoke weed, suzy kicked me, jonny boy pulled my hair, nah nah)? and when things go wrong what then?? ...Let's run to the government for a tissue?? ....whaanh?

Thank God for the conservatives that are trying to save the liberals from themselves.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Rawr liberals! I know many of you are well intentioned, but your arguments sound irrational to me. Combining a godless worldview and naive idealism to form a clever argument amounts to useless brilliance that ignores reality. One such naive idealism is a perfect world with perfect equality and freedom. It's those types of liberal fantasies that have proven to be the most dangerous delusions in our world's history, but yet liberals still desire to hold on to their fallacies where they find some type of irrational comfort. It's perplexing. Logical, rational, healthy folks learn from their mistakes, become self-restrained, moral, and surrender to a higher authority (which includes God). Logical, rational, healthy, self-restrained folks consider the innocenct life that is the unborn child and opt not to support abortion. Conservatism is *not* following a 'feel good' herd of sheeples aimlessly off the edge of a cliff! Conservatism is more like a passionate belief in the rewards of hard work, and innovation...

While the conservatives are relaxing happily in suburbia after a hard week of work, taking road trips with their families in their SUVs, sipping iced tea by the pool with friends, and thanking God every night for it all... Are the liberals fretting about entitlements to irrational things (i.e., right to abortion, right to smoke weed)? and when things go wrong what then?? ...Let's run to the government for a tissue?? ....whaanh?

Thank God for the conservatives that are trying to save the liberals from themselves.
    Are you the typeC version of attack ads?
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Here is a short article that refers to several examples of free speech violations in Canada in recent years. Other such articles are easy to find.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/free-speech-in-canada/
    You know...I attend that university. The actual situation was that when word got out, there were many students planning to peacefully protest the event. Annie got scared and canceled the event herself....then had the gall to accuse the university of "preventing free speech". The university even sent out a memo afterwards making sure that everyone knew that they had nothing to do with the cancellation and fully support free speech. Nice try, though.
    -end of thread-

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Are you the typeC version of attack ads?
    Sorry I couldn't sugar coat reality for you.

BTW, it may only 'feel' like an attack because you don't like what I said, no? Please try not to be too sensitive. Nobody is attacking you. If you have something specific you would like to discuss from my post (in a mature manner), I'm happy to reply. Otherwise, be a good moderator, suck it up, and walk away. My post is on topic and respectful.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I hope you aren't Canadian.

I tend to think we're a fairly reasonable country (politically) compared to our neighbour. Of course there are always some extremists (on either end) wherever you go.
    -end of thread-

A window to the soul

I hope you aren't Canadian.

I tend to think we're a fairly reasonable country (politically) compared to our neighbour. Of course there are always some extremists (on either end) wherever you go.
    What are you calling extreme? Please help me understand.

No I'm not Canadian, but I like Canadians. My post is *not* about Canadians; it's a much broader scope than that. My post is in response to the comments made regarding conservatives & liberals. My goal was to give a logical argument from a conservative standpoint. We have many of the same controversial issues here as you do there.

MBTI
    INTP

You know...I attend that university. The actual situation was that when word got out, there were many students planning to peacefully protest the event. Annie got scared and canceled the event herself....then had the gall to accuse the university of "preventing free speech". The university even sent out a memo afterwards making sure that everyone knew that they had nothing to do with the cancellation and fully support free speech. Nice try, though.
    The email from that article is not falsified, and reflects not only a not-so-subtle attempt to intimidate or muzzle Coulter, but illustrates how Canadian laws allow violations of free speech rights. And that was just the first example I found. Oh, and the details of the event itself are rather ambigious: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/wo...25coulter.html

Here's some more about Canadian laws against free speech:

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...0/03/22/canada

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ed...n_free_speech/

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2008/06/12/...o-free-speech/

I could easily go on, but that would be rather boring. Canadian laws violate free speech rights, and that's pretty much the consensus of both the left and right in America. No one is accusing you of totalitarianism, but then, opposing gay marriage (which I support, btw) is not exactly the same as theocratic talibanization, either.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

No I'm not Canadian, but I like Canadians. My post is *not* about Canada it's in reponse to the comments made about conservatives and the liberal arguments that were made in this thread. My goal was to give a logical argument from a conservative standpoint.
    The argument you gave sounded rather over-the-top, hence the reaction.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No I'm not Canadian, but I like Canadians. My post is *not* about Canada it's in reponse to the comments made about conservatives vs. the liberal arguments that were made. My goal was to give a logical argument from a conservative standpoint. We have many of the same contraversial issues here as you do in Canada.
    It's not logical to say that only conservatives work hard, because plenty of liberals work hard. It's also not logical to presume that all conservatives believe in God and all liberals are atheists (plenty of liberals are religious or spiritual, and some conservatives are atheist). For that matter, it's not really rational to suggest that belief in God is more "logical" than being agnostic or atheist.

You've certainly got a right to your opinion and world view, but please don't presume an opinionated rant is a rational argument.