First 7151617

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    You'll vote for me, won't you?
    Can I debate now??? Please????
    On one condition, that I can squeeze your butt and call you my conservative tart.

The problem I have with indepentant seats is that they are in Parliment only for their riding. Not even regional interest. Just a riding. However, if that's what the riding wants as per the votes, then good luck to them. I think the Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition ie Bloc Party, on a federal level is a joke but understandable from a historic perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    I don't care about trivialities like parliamentary tradition. I will pick the party whose policies happen to agree with my views at the time. At the end of the Mulroney dynasty, I was willing to vote for anyone but the conservatives. This time, I want to undo the mess that the Chretien clan created.
    It's not parliment tradition, it's parliment laws. Big difference. Besides, breaking a promise of elimination of the GST and gun registry fiasco, what else is a mess because of the Liberals?

They have no chance of getting into power. They can freely present poorly thought out, single issue ideals without having to worry about the practical consequences. But I don't object to them getting air time.
    Exactly. However, with more air time they will get some mass publicity and who knows within a few generations?

EDIT: Opps! The Bloc Party is not known as Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition.
    4w5

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    On one condition, that I can squeeze your butt and call you my conservative tart.

The problem I have with indepentant seats is that they are in Parliment only for their riding. Not even regional interest. Just a riding. However, if that's what the riding wants as per the votes, then good luck to them. I think Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition ie Bloc Party, on a federal level is a joke but understandable from a historic perspective.
    SO the donuts aren't enough? I have to let you molest me as well?
    Hmm.. Maybe politics is tougher than I thought , or, has way more perks than I would have imagined.

I am not really a Conservative, I am true Liberal. The Liberals used to be the center. Lately they have begun to slide over to the left a little too much for my liking.
    I feel, this is because the fall of the Soviet Union took away the voice of Communism, and so the communists just found a new vessel..Environmentalism.
    Naturally they go hand in hand. They are both the enemy of capitalism.
    Now since the Liberals have jumped on the Environment bandwagon, and Communists have infiltrated the environmentalism movement.
    The Liberals have become more extreme and their polices are beginning to slowly look like Soviet Union..
    This.. "I don't like it so no one is going to have it" attitude is not Liberal. Nor is the is "You either support Gay marriage or you are a homophobic" attitude. I find it telling that the Liberals are crying about smear tactics, where over the last 15 years in Canada and the UK I would say the liberals have become experts at media manipulation and smear tactics. And the labeling..
    It stinks of Soviet style Communism.

MY vote for Harper is a protest against my traditional party becoming too polarized.

I want to vote for whoever I feel is being more true to the CENTRAL ideals that Canada was founded on.

Extremely?
    I will choose Fascism over Communism because Fascist are at least honest in their dictating.. "you don't like it? Too bad, WE are looking out for our interests"
    Vs "You don't like it? I am now going to "reeducate" you, so you do like it, and if reeducation does not work, we have other ways of dealing with you.. But you WILL agree, because really.. we have YOUR best interests at heart."

On another note, I do find it deplorable that the Green Party lost its bid to be in the debate. They are an offical party.
    So are the Communist Party, Marxist-Leninist Party, Canadian Action Party, Christian Heritage Party, Marijuana Party and Rhinoceros Party: none of their leaders should be in a televised debate either.

MBTI
    INTj

Besides, breaking a promise of elimination of the GST and gun registry fiasco, what else is a mess because of the Liberals?
    They got drunk and signed the Kyoto accord.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    SO the donuts aren't enough? I have to let you molest me as well?
    Hmm.. Maybe politics is tougher than I thought , or, has way more perks than I would have imagined.

I am not really a Conservative, I am true Liberal. The Liberals used to be the center. Lately they have begun to slide over to the left a little too much for my liking.
    I feel, this is because the fall of the Soviet Union took away the voice of Communism, and so the communists just found a new vessel..Environmentalism.
    Naturally they go hand in hand. They are both the enemy of capitalism.
    Now since the Liberals have jumped on the Environment bandwagon, and Communists have infiltrated the environmentalism movement.
    The Liberals have become more extreme and their polices are beginning to slowly look like Soviet Union..
    This.. "I don't like it so no one is going to have it" attitude is not Liberal. Nor is the is "You either support Gay marriage or you are a homophobic" attitude. I find it telling that the Liberals are crying about smear tactics, where over the last 15 years in Canada and the UK I would say the liberals have become experts at media manipulation and smear tactics. And the labeling..
    It stinks of Soviet style Communism.

MY vote for Harper is a protest against my traditional party becoming too polarized.

I want to vote for whoever I feel is being more true to the CENTRAL ideals that Canada was founded on.

Extremely?
    I will choose Fascism over Communism because Fascist are at least honest in their dictating.. "you don't like it? Too bad, WE are looking out for our interests"
    Vs "You don't like it? I am now going to "reeducate" you, so you do like it, and if reeducation does not work, we have other ways of dealing with you.. But you WILL agree, because really.. we have YOUR best interests at heart."
    I see you have political conviction and look for that in a party. Time to do some serious study on politics.

*gropes Arclight*

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    So are the Communist Party, Marxist-Leninist Party, Canadian Action Party, Christian Heritage Party, Marijuana Party and Rhinoceros Party: none of their leaders should be in a televised debate either.
    I didn't know the Rhinoceros Party was still alive! Do you have a link to all that into? I would like to look into it further.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    They got drunk and signed the Kyoto accord.
    That they did! I thought it was just so we looked good on the international sence.
    4w5

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

@ the really simplistic choices between fascism and communism.