User Tag List

First 614151617 Last

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    We do 75.5% of all our exporting to USA. Our next highest trade partners are the UK. 3.7% and China 3.0%

In return, 50% of the goods coming in are from the USA.. Advantage.. Canada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Canada

As for Mulroney, Lac Meech Accord notwithstanding, His economic vision for the future is what I am talking about. His need to be remembered as the greatest PM ever, was obnoxious.
    Thank you for the link on our economy. So I was right! They want our natural resources for free! I know, it's not as simple as that. Again, thanks for the link since I don't have much time to do research.

On an other note, the Liberal Party release its political platform today - the Little Red Book. (For you lurkers, red is the colour of the Liberal Party, blue is for the Conservative, orange for NDP and green for the Green Party). Anybody had a chance to read it?
    4w5

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    since we are off topic here I might as well get in a plug for Canadian paved roads. this one should impress the progress minded people south of the Canadian border.

the highway 401 corridor through Toronto is the heaviest travelled stretch of road in Norht America. combined truck and auto traffic . surprized? don't be.................

paved roads are great but there is nothing like a good crop tourand the gravel roads are getting pretty rare around here!

And no wonder with a population of 5 million living in Toronto and the GTA (over 8 million including Hamilton) never mind the inter-province, inter-national trucks.
    4w5

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    But what Conservative ideas appeal to you?
    They seem to be more fiscally responsible than the other parties. For example, they rejected the impractical Kyoto accord that the Liberals signed without caring about the economic implications.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    They seem to be more fiscally responsible than the other parties. For example, they rejected the impractical Kyoto accord that the Liberals signed without caring about the economic implications.
    this "fiscally responsible" thing is part of the big reason why they were held in contempt of parliament IIRC. something about lying about the $$$$ involved in Prison ugrades.

funny how Mr Harper campaigned on transparency in government as a main platform previously and has the gone the complete opposite direction EH? even with a minority government.

I would vote for anyone if I knew it would stop the "Harper government"

IMHO the green party has as much right as king Harper does to be in a national debate!

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I remember Jean Chretien winning an election on the single promise that he would Scrap the GST, 100%.

Canadians are so gullible.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

I remember Jean Chretien winning an election on the single promise that he would Scrap the GST, 100%.

Canadians are so gullible.

I remember that! I'm still glad I voted for Liberal. The Natural Party.

On another note, I do find it deplorable that the Green Party lost its bid to be in the debate. They are an offical party.
    4w5

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I remember that! I'm still glad I voted for Liberal. The Natural Party.

On another note, I do find it deplorable that the Green Party lost its bid to be in the debate. They are an offical party.
    I am more of the school of thought, that you should at least hold a seat in parliament to be allowed to debate the incumbent PM.. Otherwise.. Hey!! I'm a political party .. Can I join the debate too??

Vote for the Arclight party 2011!!!! Free donuts for all.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

I am more of the school of thought, that you should at least hold a seat in parliament to be allowed to debate the incumbent PM.. Otherwise.. Hey!! I'm a political party .. Can I join the debate too??
    I believe you need a percentage of votes across Canada to be an offical party.

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight
    Vote for the Arclight party 2011!!!! Free donuts for all.
    OHMYGOD! FREE FOOD!

4w5

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I believe you need a percentage of votes across Canada to be an offical party.

OHMYGOD! FREE FOOD!

You'll vote for me, won't you?
    Can I debate now??? Please????

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    this "fiscally responsible" thing is part of the big reason why they were held in contempt of parliament IIRC. something about lying about the $$$$ involved in Prison ugrades.
    I don't care about trivialities like parliamentary tradition. I will pick the party whose policies happen to agree with my views at the time. At the end of the Mulroney dynasty, I was willing to vote for anyone but the conservatives. This time, I want to undo the mess that the Chretien clan created.
    IMHO the green party has as much right as king Harper does to be in a national debate!
    They have no chance of getting into power. They can freely present poorly thought out, single issue ideals without having to worry about the practical consequences. But I don't object to them getting air time.