User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't care she used this to excel her career? Who gives a shiz if she used some azzholes death to up her modeling career? Cheap opportunist? So what? It seems to be working for her, and she's making her life easier. Why not ?
    Nope, the criminal was NOT a victim. I don't care what the criminal's family thinks about this, either. This is what can happen when you raise someone to be a criminal.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    until I realized she's trying to cash in on it to become famous, then images of Nicole Kidman in the movie To Die For flashed through my head, and I then got disgusted.
    Wouldn't be surprised if this was murder, but I doubt for something as Machiavellian as fame. That would be quite risky.

Oberon

Eh. I have a hard time getting overly excited about this.

MBTI
    ISTx

What's worse than being shot/killed, you ask? Being shot/killed with a pink hand gun.

MBTI
    FREE

I have a secret fantasy of getting the jump on some dude robbing or otherwise invading my home in the middle of the night. In this fantasy, I keep a tranquilizer gun (or something similar) near my bed. I hear a noise in the middle of the night and manage to get into position and shoot the fucker. I then proceed to tie him up and pretend to be a serial killer to scare the living fuck out of him. I am pretty sure than one day I will own said tranquilizer gun, but am also fairly certain that if it came down to it, I'd probably be too freaked out and just call the cops. /wuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I agree with the word WE. WE as consumers are enabling the whoring.
    Words of warning Tallulah, you're preaching to the wrong person. I'm a complete realityTv whore. I feast upon idiots on TV and their ridiculous, laughable drama. It's too entertaining for me to turn down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Oh, I know what you mean. I loathe the Real Housewives with every fiber of my being, yet I'll watch Jersey Shore. And I know I'm enabling it, but I still watch. I do realize I'm part of the problem.
    I don't watch that crap so I feel perfectly justified in looking down my nose at you two!

figsfiggyfigs

MacGuffin, you have boogers hanging from your nose.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

It's allergy season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Nope, the criminal was NOT a victim. I don't care what the criminal's family thinks about this, either. This is what can happen when you raise someone to be a criminal.
    I wasn't aware the family raised him to be a criminal; how did you find out?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I wasn't aware the family raised him to be a criminal; how did you find out?
    They didn't, but family usually has a major influence on a person, so it is possible that we can deflect blame from other factors and amplify the influence of the dead guy's loved ones so we don't end up blaming society, gun ownership, poverty, etc.

You have to know how to play the blame game. It is always someone else's fault, and the more you actively despise that person, the better you look.