User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    ISTx

I don't really see how anything you just said contends with what I said, other than you firmly believing mothers encourage their kids to physically fight about their problems. I really don't find that to be the case. Their is no evidence for that claim, as there's no evidence for mine. Really, the mother has nothing to do with the crux of the issue and it wasn't I who brought the parenting thing into it.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    I don't really see how anything you just said contends with what I said, other than you firmly believing mothers encourage their kids to physically fight about their problems.
    No

MBTI
    ISTx

Ok, I see what you're doing. I was talking about mothers not condoning violence in situations such as this and you're broadening it to people feeling justified in committing violence under circumstances that are socially agreed upon as being justified... To which I scratch my head. We're talking about THIS topic's components alone.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    Ok, I see what you're doing. I was talking about mothers not condoning violence in situations such as this and you're broadening it to people feeling justified in committing violence under circumstances that are socially agreed upon as being justified... To which I scratch my head. We're talking about THIS topic's components alone.
    There were really two primary viable solutions to the conflict. Withdrawal would be one, attacking the other child would be another. Both are valid, but the latter was probably in both children's best interest. Withdrawal, in this case, will almost certainly lead to later conflict.

MBTI
    ISTx

Well yeah, if you leave children to solve their childish problems (but with significance enough to potentially impact a kid and their emotions/self-esteem very negatively), you're right, 9 times out of 10 it will result in violence. If there's bullying in school, parents/staff need to be involved.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    [YOUTUBE="tJe3XpWmuVY"]I like this one[/YOUTUBE]
    That video is suspicious. The scenario doesn't make sense. Why would someone just happen to record a video of 2 guys on the street talking?