User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 76

  1. #61
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    I was in the branch of the military that specializes in killing people.
    Isn't that like.... all of them.

  2. #62
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Isn't that like.... all of them.
    I usually excuse the coast guard.

  3. #63
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Isn't that like.... all of them.
    If you want to be technical, I guess.

    The smallest branch, and does the most damage - Marines.

  4. #64
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    ^ with the least resources.

    My cousin was Force Recon.

  5. #65
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    ^ with the least resources.

    My cousin was Force Recon.
    I had a cousin (his parents were basically family of my mother's but not by blood, heh) that was Force Recon too. In fact, he more or less recruited me in.

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    [YOUTUBE="tJe3XpWmuVY"]I like this one[/YOUTUBE]
    Awesome.

    I hope those dicks didnt kill them off camera.

  7. #67
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    I don't think they could have even if they wanted to.

    (I kinda had the same thought tho)

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I don't think they could have even if they wanted to.

    (I kinda had the same thought tho)
    I dont know, if the two guys rushed him they might have a chance, or jumped the girl instead, plus you dont know if they had concealed weapons and just whose side is the camera man on huh? Reckon the jerk could have been filming to see his buddies "happy slap" some unsuspecting passers by.

    Unfortunately the reality of the aftermath of BS like this is more likely to be like something out of The Brave One than what happened here, still, good to see what looks like some natural consequences being handed out to some low rent mutha funkers.

  9. #69
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    I have full confidence in the guy that delivered them their initial pounding. If anything, it happened again off camera. haha

  10. #70
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    So what point are you trying to make?
    My point was that your point is wrong. Most people do condone violence, mothers included. Violence exists, and it is sufficient to say that humans are so incredibly competent at committing huge, sweeping violent actions, that we cannot brush the subject away lightly. We should not remain in denial, we cannot convince ourselves that violence can be ignored, neither can we resort to violence because it is simply too easy, and people are simply too capable. Instead, we work very hard to mitigate the circumstances that breed violence. It isn't enough to say that violence isn't the answer, because you and I have both reached the conclusion that violence is necessary. Rather, we can examine the circumstances, identify potential hiccups in the system which would lead to the necessity of violence, and improve the circumstances to mitigate some of these acts.

    To say we condone violence is misleading. To advocate violence in lieu of mitigating circumstances and taking serious steps to resolving conflict is reprehensible, but we cannot deceive ourselves and say that violence is wrong, because it truthfully is not wrong. Rather, we can say that circumstances leading to a violent conflict could, with minimal effort, be avoided. The conflict is the culmination of so many actions, none of which need be violent, and we can do better by identifying the components of the culmination, rather than focusing on the actual conflict.

Similar Threads

  1. How did you get the politics you did
    By Zergling in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-21-2016, 06:06 PM
  2. Bodies the Exhibition
    By proteanmix in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 09:24 AM
  3. I'm going to get a dog.
    By Brendan in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 08:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO