User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    Use names please, because at this point there is no established bully (again, assuming Richard's account is truthful).
    The footage establishes a bully. Even his mother said he deserved what he got.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zof8YvvZNI4"]Bully's Mom Speaks Out![/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by Epiphany; 03-22-2011 at 02:13 PM.

MBTI
    ISTx

I wouldn't be so sure.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    I think the footage establishes a bully. Even his mother said he deserved what he got.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zof8YvvZNI4"]Bully Boy's Mom Speaks Out![/YOUTUBE]
    His mother wasn't there. She doesn't know what had transpired up until the point that video was captured. Few mothers condone violence, even if their child was being picked on first.

MBTI
    INTP

His mother wasn't there. She doesn't know what has transpired up until the point that video was captured. Few mothers condone violence, even if their child was being picked on first.
    I'm just going to go ahead and say this is bullshit. I would say that most people, regardless of parental status, age, nationality, sexual orientation, IQ, or any other arbitrary factors, do condone violence under certain (often many) circumstances.

Non-violence is a fringe belief practiced by a minority of people.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I'm just going to go ahead and say this is bullshit. I would say that most people, regardless of parental status, age, nationality, sexual orientation, IQ, or any other arbitrary factors, do condone violence under certain (often many) circumstances.

Non-violence is a fringe belief practiced by a minority of people.
    Well, I don't know where those stats come from whether they're true or false. If I saw a video of my [hypothetical] son being slammed in a manner that could have gotten him crippled, I sure as hell wouldn't support the initial punch that led things there (whether there was any prior pissing contest or not).

MBTI
    INTP

Well, I don't know where those stats come from whether they're true or false. If I saw a video of my [hypothetical] son being slammed in a manner that could have gotten him crippled, I sure as hell wouldn't support the initial punch that led things there (whether there was any prior pissing contest or not).
    But would you ever condone the use of force? For anything? To save the world? To save your life? To save your hypothetical child's life?

The number of people who truthfully answer no to these questions is smaller than the number of people who will truthfully answer yes to these questions.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    But would you ever condone the use of force? For anything? To save the world? To save your life? To save your hypothetical child's life?
    I was in the branch of the military that specializes in killing people.

MBTI
    INTP

I was in the branch of the military that specializes in killing people.
    Is that a yes? Your presence in the military does not answer this, because I am asking you, right now, if you condone violence under certain, determined circumstances?

MBTI
    ISTx

Sure. I mean, I fully support alternate means to diffuse situations. I'm really not much of a fighter myself, but when it comes to self-defense and protecting others, violence can be necessary in dire situations.

MBTI
    ISTx

So what point are you trying to make?