User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    And I can tell the difference- one has kiwis!

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...Z/S6000199.jpg
    kiwis are one of the biggest evolutionary fails ever

anyways i saw the video few days ago on other forum and i think that kind of thing should happen more often
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ISTx

They're both victims and both aggressors. I hope both kids can move on from this without too much trauma and be able to make positive out of it.

Oberon

A person on another forum was informed by his son's middle school principal, "It takes two people to fight."

He replied to her "Does it also take two people to commit rape?"

The point is, of course, that two people are willing, you can have a fight... but if only one is willing, you can still have a beating. Self-defense in such situations is the prudent course.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    They're both victims and both aggressors.
    WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I call bullshit on the interview. I don't care if you're 12, 16, 21 or 61. If you go to punch someone in the face, and start a fight, be prepared to have your ass kicked. Period. It's a lesson everyone needs to learn.. some learn it the hard way, some learn it by not being morons and avoiding that whole mess in the first place.

Typical skinny boy with a napoleon complex, typical fat kid that always gets picked on.. I'm definitely glad that little punk got body slammed. I don't think people should hate him for life or anything just because he did this.. he's a kid still, ya know..
    Lot of sense there, I cant see the video because YouTube has deleted it but I take it someone went to fight someone and have his buds catch it on a vid and got his ass kicked?

Happens, when I was younger and probably right up into my later teens I was a kind of equaliser but I learned that its an unenviable position, scum bags will involve other people and really thuggish elements in an eventual escalation which its impossible to sustain, anyone who's a good guy and behaving like this is going to experience it as really wearing and eventually experience burn out if they dont become hard hearted altogether.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    What else is new? I can't believe the story made it to the news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    I agree with TG, I originally heard about this last week and now it's receiving coverage on the other side of the world. It's a cool vid, but things like this used to happen all the time when I was in middle school.
    I would say the surge of coverage on bullying related suicides has something to do with the interest.

It's been a hot topic lately.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    A person on another forum was informed by his son's middle school principal, "It takes two people to fight."

He replied to her "Does it also take two people to commit rape?"

The point is, of course, that two people are willing, you can have a fight... but if only one is willing, you can still have a beating. Self-defense in such situations is the prudent course.
    That's exactly right, there's always going to be an aggressor and even at that I'd say its important to distinguish between the individual who behaves aggressively in an attempt to defend themselves against greater or systematic aggression, there's always a context and I dont have a lot of time for people who take a blanket ban approach to fighting instead of considering more important things like right and wrong. Its a god damn shame that children get the wrong message from people that enduring violence or intimidation or bullying is a reasonable thing, is it any wonder there's domestic violence and crap like that when this is the message?

When it looks like there's going to be violence at my work or even if there's a lot of physical grappling or crap like that going on and it fits a context of bullying when I can do so without the likelihood of an escalation happening (sometimes when there is even) I'll usually intervene, use my size, strength, training in ways which I know realistically not everyone can and I'd not expect everyone to copy. The constant refrain is "I know my rights, you cant put hands on me", this is generally someone who was just a moment ago hitting someone else or trying to kick a door in to gain access to someone or something like that. There's some seriously BS messages out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I would say the surge of coverage on bullying related suicides has something to do with the interest.

It's been a hot topic lately.
    Something wrong with a world in which people will kill themselves before they would their oppressors.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    WTF?
    I'm assuming that interview with the boys is legit and not a fabricated story... They both suffer from bullying and they're both angry and violent because of it. Victim/aggressor.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    WTF?
    Withdrawing would be a defensive move, attacking would be an aggressive move.

Both are legitimate responses, and there is nothing morally wrong with aggression. Why some people are disturbed by aggression could be examined in-depth, but in this case, we can clearly see that the use of violence led to a successful conclusion of the confrontation. The bully will likely refrain from further confrontations with the victim, and the victim is now infused with a new sensation of pride and success in these murky, grey waters of life. Truly, the future is brighter now for these two than it was before the fight.