User Tag List

First 1234 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I think the first video is misleading. It doesn't make any sense for a small and younger boy to go after someone much larger and older. My gut tells me that the older boy is NOT a victim as he is portrayed.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I think the first video is misleading. It doesn't make any sense for a small and younger boy to go after someone much larger and older. My gut tells me that the older boy is NOT a victim as he is portrayed.
    I don't know... the fact that the boy got his friends shooting the scene is telling something as well. He would not have brought the camera on the scene if he thought he might get hit.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I call bullshit on the interview. I don't care if you're 12, 16, 21 or 61. If you go to punch someone in the face, and start a fight, be prepared to have your ass kicked. Period. It's a lesson everyone needs to learn.. some learn it the hard way, some learn it by not being morons and avoiding that whole mess in the first place.

Typical skinny boy with a napoleon complex, typical fat kid that always gets picked on.. I'm definitely glad that little punk got body slammed. I don't think people should hate him for life or anything just because he did this.. he's a kid still, ya know..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I don't know... the fact that the boy got his friends shooting the scene is telling something as well. He would not have brought the camera on the scene if he thought he would get hit.
    I wasn't aware of that. That does change it a bit. But there is something about the older boys demeanor...
    the second vid brings up other things: clearly the 'bully' comes from a broken home. Look at the parents: they look a lot older than they are, which to me means that they have been doing drugs for a log time, and probably ignoring the kid. I just can't see this as a clear cut case of a victimized good kid vs. a bully. It's more complex than that.

ThatGirl

I can't believe adults have lets this get so blown out of proportion.

Epiphany

I wasn't aware of that. That does change it a bit. But there is something about the older boys demeanor...
    the second vid brings up other things: clearly the 'bully' comes from a broken home. Look at the parents: they look a lot older than they are, which to me means that they have been doing drugs for a log time, and probably ignoring the kid. I just can't see this as a clear cut case of a victimized good kid vs. a bully. It's more complex than that.
    The younger kid may have been bullied at some point, but that doesn't really change the circumstances of this situation. The bigger kid is just standing there being passive. He even lets the smaller one punch him in the face and repeatedly hit him in the stomach before he retaliates. Regardless of the skinny kid's home life, that was a lesson he needed to learn.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I wasn't aware of that. That does change it a bit.
    Well, I don't know for sure but... Listen to the first video, the boys shooting it are "cheering" the bully. This is about the bully proving his position in the pecking order by attacking someone big who he expects will not fight back.

But there is something about the older boys demeanor...
    Yes, bullies often are from broken families. I'm not actually thinking it is as clear-cut. But it can be clear-cut about the actual situation here. It is quite often that a kid attacks another just to prove a point to his friends. I've seen and been subjected to this type of bullying several times, and did nothing to deserve it, except showing that I was not a person who would fight back. Of course, the bully isn't evil or anything, and yeah, I believe that he has been bullied. Violence breeds violence, that's all. It might be that the victim is not actually clean either. In my mind it seems more reasonable to assume he is cleaner than the bully, though...

MBTI
    INTJ

Mama said that sticks and stones crap goes out the door once they put their hands on you.

For some people, an assault to the face changes things. On the spot. It's an extreme act of disrespect.

That lil kid will now think twice. That stumble at the end is crazy. He could have died. But that's what happens when you provoke somebody to the breaking point.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I can't believe adults have lets this get so blown out of proportion.
    Do you mean this particular situation or bullying in general because bullying has gotten out of hand? It's a problem that obviously the school system isn't taking care of. Kids are left to defend themselves.

Fortunately, for Casey, he had a considerable size advantage against his bully. This isn't the usual scenario and many other kids are not able to defend themselves as easily.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Yes, bullies often are from broken families. I'm not actually thinking it is as clear-cut. But it can be clear-cut about the actual situation here. It is quite often that a kid attacks another just to prove a point to his friends. I've seen and been subjected to this type of bullying several times, and did nothing to deserve it, except showing that I was not a person who would fight back. Of course, the bully isn't evil or anything, and yeah, I believe that he has been bullied. Violence breeds violence, that's all. It might be that the victim is not actually clean either. In my mind is seems more reasonable to assume he is cleaner than the bully, though...
    Oh, I wasn't crticizing your opinion. I was reacting to the public outcry for punishment based on this short vid. that's all.
    I was bullied A LOT when I was a kid, all through high school too. I just see both parties as victims of negative life circumstances.