User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: 2012

MBTI
    infp

I know a former Ph.D student in Mayan anthropology (his dissertation got screwed up somehow so hes in law school now), he says nothing is going to happen and there is nothing in any Mayan lore suggesting an end of the world or even a time of great change like other people suggests. He said he had personally asked Mayan people and other scholars of Mayan culture and they all responded with confusion, and asserted none of it was true.

But then I saw that 911 and Japanese Earthquake equation, and now I'm convinced something will happen!

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

2012 is just the beginning.
    Fear is often a prelude to change.
    Change is always coming.

MBTI
    ISTx

I think it would be neat if the world ended. Not abruptly, but if the whole planet were aware of an "oncoming storm" and were forced to bind together to combat the fear of impending extermination. It would be quite the mind trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    I think it would be neat if the world ended. Not abruptly, but if the whole planet were aware of an "oncoming storm" and were forced to bind together to combat the fear of impending extermination. It would be quite the mind trip.
    I'd hate that xD I think I'd rather die immediately.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Preferably once I'm at a decent age and don't have much life to lose though. Then I totally agree. To imagine it is one thing, to actually experience it, that would in itself be quite the experience.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

That would make a good book, especially the part where the plucky young med lab tech from OZ manages to come up with a idea that saves the human race (or rather a large proportion) and generations to come tell her story round camp fires.
    Yes, that would do nicely.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/22/real...dex.htm?hpt=C2

Let's talk about doomsday shelters.

In the Netherlands the geiger counters sold out. The whole supply for 2011 was gone in weeks xD

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ah dont worry, I am not sure if the universe is, but humanity's dumbness is neverending (yes the quote was stolen)
    From Einstein, I presume?
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Oh you know what's funny, what if by 2012 so many people are convinced that the world will end, that almost everyone starts rioting and killing each other, thus bringing about the global apocalypse they were fortold?
    Confirmation bias hell!

Other than that, the universe is very inhospitable to life, so I'm not surprised if we screw up. As Phil Plait would say: "The universe is trying to kill us!"
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.