First 12345 Last

Thread: 2012

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Many archeologists that specilize with Mayan heiroglyphics say that the end of their calendar aka "sun stone" was never intended to be an end of days tell, but it is marking the end of a cycle.

The reason the Mayan calendar does not continue on from 12/21/12 is some pretty advanced planetary vs science stuff that I really don't follow, but it seems to involve sun spots moving into retrogade..and that part holds true. There was a retrograde sunspot that scientists observed on 8/31/10 but it was so short that they decided to not even call it what it was.

Supposedly there are many planetary postions and cycles that the mayan calendar did predict, and modern day scientitst have been able to go back and verify. Despite being an ancient barbaric civ, their mathematial abilities were really unbelievable.

I don't buy that anything will happen 12/21.. but if you do a bit of astronomical research on things that have been changing.. we are undboutedly coming to an end of a cycle. Someone wrote an essay on why the mayans calendar could not move past 12/21/12 but I didnt read it.

I guess none of us will really know until that day comes... and we will get fun stuff like this texted to us in the meantime

9/11/01 Terrorism Act +
    3/11/11 Japans Earthquake
    =
    12/21/12
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Like Savage mentioned.. Far more likely humans manifest some crazy crap)
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

World without end. Amen.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    9/11/01 Terrorism Act +
    =
    12/21/12
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I love this crap. People will be able to find whatever context they want to if they look hard enough.

I had a discussion about nostradamus at work the other day, it's just futile. People see a possible context to a bunch of very vague undescriptive verses, and immidiately assume that the context they can find must be what Nostradamus intended.

Silly. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    9/11/01 Terrorism Act +
    =
    12/21/12
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Whoever texted that to you is bad at math too,lol
    11+11=22
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I love this crap. People will be able to find whatever context they want to if they look hard enough.

I had a discussion about nostradamus at work the other day, it's just futile. People see a possible context to a bunch of very vague undescriptive verses, and immidiately assume that the context they can find must be what Nostradamus intended.

Silly. :P
    Like building lives around linear thinking.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    if you're referring to mayans, they didnt say anything about end of the world, some retards just assumed that, even tho its just one of their calendars ending and new one beginning. and there has been 7 of these calendar endings already, i think it was something like once every 7.5 thousand years or something
    I remember being on a trip one time and we drove right off the edge of our roadmap.

Shockingly, nothing happened to us.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm not exactly worried. When I first heard about this shit it fucking creeped me out, but that was because I was afraid to die. I'm not afraid to die anymore, I'm just indifferent. If I die I die. Kaboom. Nothing spectacular.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Huxley3112
    9/11/01 Terrorism Act +
    =
    12/21/12
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Wait, I see it now!

12 + 21 + 12 = 45, 4 + 5 = 9, there are four seasons in the year, so 9 x 4 = 36, 36/12 is 3, if the year is divded by 3 than that is 4 months, it's also 2011 which added up by all digits is 4, 3-4-3, that a combination on my locker, my locker is exactly 25 by 50 inches, that's 75, 7-5 is 2, 2 is the number of sides to something like dark and evil, but that is only the two dimensional aspect of it, thus 2 x 2 is 4, which is probably my first enneagram, I wing into 5, maybe thus if you have a four digit number that sums up to 5, then it would be 2012.

I am the end of the world.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I wish more people were worried. Then people could capitalize like they did back in Y2K. I know I would.
    Oh, its
    You

I don't get how people can be afraid of inevitable things. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. It's just a waste of your energy to be worried about it

(I don't believe in 2012 BS, I was just talking in general about global disasters)