User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 135

  1. #111
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    I pointed out the logical flaws in Entropie's arguments. I was lazy with my wording there because you mixed quotes related to him with quotes related to you. My mistake.

    I think your position is more logically consistent than Entropie's. I just think that you rely on some false premises (see my post regarding reason vs force, #108).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  2. #112
    Superwoman Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I pointed out the logical flaws in Entropie's arguments. I was lazy with my wording there because you mixed quotes related to him with quotes related to you. My mistake.

    I think your position is more logically consistent than Entropie's. I just think that you rely on some false premises (see my post regarding reason vs force, #108).
    That I can live with
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

  3. #113
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Wait you twisted my words 6 times around and then I made one mistake and now you claim the girl ? You're crazy cowboy and dead now *peng*
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #114
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    fiese schweine, dann geht doch in euer atomkraftwerk und macht liebe, ich trink jetzt erstmal nen kaffee
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  5. #115
    Superwoman Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    fiese schweine, dann geht doch in euer atomkraftwerk und macht liebe, ich trink jetzt erstmal nen kaffee
    Mit wem ich meinen Kaffee trinke, entscheide ich schon noch selber. Ich denke, wir sind uns immer noch weitestgehend einig. Ich wollte nur nicht den Vorwurf falscher Logik auf mir sitzen lassen, sowas nehm ich nämlich persönlich. Genieß deinen Kaffee! .....Moment, um die Uhrzeit?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

  6. #116
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Lieber falsch in der Logik als falsch im Herzen.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  7. #117
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I think what he means is that this seems to be more about debating as a sport (which can sure be fun) than about informing about public opinion in the US (as the OP asked) or calmly explaining your own position. Maybe I should add that debating clubs are something very Anglo-Saxon that has only recently reached Germany and is mostly unknown here. This is a very conflict averse country based on a culture of moderation and compromise. As a nation, we prefer cooperation and midway solutions. When you disagree, you politely explain where the portrayal of the facts or the deduction process went wrong. It is about issues, not about perceived fallacies. Maybe that explains why Entropie and I reacted this way.
    Ah! That would explain why you and Entropie seem to perceive a lot of things Lateralus said as personal attacks that I actually wouldn't. I'm used to a debate-style culture, but as soon as I picked up on the fact that you guys were more interested in trying to cooperate/compromise and reach a midway solution, I switched tactics. I'm actually not big on the debate style... I can go at it for a while, but it tends to burn me out pretty quickly, and leave me feeling depressed and rejected somehow, even though I know the other people didn't mean it that way.

    Moderation and compromise probably does achieve a lot more... maybe that's why Germans are rumored to be so efficient?

  8. #118
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    As an American, I am in favor of using more nuclear power and less coal power.

    I also favor developing renewable energy resources.

  9. #119
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    use Russian oil as long as neccessary
    That's a whole 'nother problem.

  10. #120
    Member Ethelred the Unready's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Will we export it to Poland and kill this country once again ?
    Hey, entropie you've just given me something to have nightmares about...
    We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull; some have weird names and all are different colours, but they all have to live in the same box.

Similar Threads

  1. Islamist plot to blow up Eiffel Tower, Louvre and nuclear power plant foiled
    By Kullervo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-13-2014, 12:45 AM
  2. The Australian Election and Religion
    By darlets in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 05:06 PM
  3. [NT] The NT Rationale and Rightness
    By Spartan in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 05:28 PM
  4. Suicide and social power
    By labyrinthine in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 03:04 AM
  5. "The Shield" MBTI and E-types...
    By The Ü™ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 06:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO