User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I pointed out the logical flaws in Entropie's arguments. I was lazy with my wording there because you mixed quotes related to him with quotes related to you. My mistake.

I think your position is more logically consistent than Entropie's. I just think that you rely on some false premises (see my post regarding reason vs force, #108).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I pointed out the logical flaws in Entropie's arguments. I was lazy with my wording there because you mixed quotes related to him with quotes related to you. My mistake.

I think your position is more logically consistent than Entropie's. I just think that you rely on some false premises (see my post regarding reason vs force, #108).
    That I can live with
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Wait you twisted my words 6 times around and then I made one mistake and now you claim the girl ? You're crazy cowboy and dead now *peng*
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

fiese schweine, dann geht doch in euer atomkraftwerk und macht liebe, ich trink jetzt erstmal nen kaffee

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    fiese schweine, dann geht doch in euer atomkraftwerk und macht liebe, ich trink jetzt erstmal nen kaffee
    Mit wem ich meinen Kaffee trinke, entscheide ich schon noch selber. Ich denke, wir sind uns immer noch weitestgehend einig. Ich wollte nur nicht den Vorwurf falscher Logik auf mir sitzen lassen, sowas nehm ich nämlich persönlich. Genieß deinen Kaffee! .....Moment, um die Uhrzeit?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Lieber falsch in der Logik als falsch im Herzen.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I think what he means is that this seems to be more about debating as a sport (which can sure be fun) than about informing about public opinion in the US (as the OP asked) or calmly explaining your own position. Maybe I should add that debating clubs are something very Anglo-Saxon that has only recently reached Germany and is mostly unknown here. This is a very conflict averse country based on a culture of moderation and compromise. As a nation, we prefer cooperation and midway solutions. When you disagree, you politely explain where the portrayal of the facts or the deduction process went wrong. It is about issues, not about perceived fallacies. Maybe that explains why Entropie and I reacted this way.
    Ah! That would explain why you and Entropie seem to perceive a lot of things Lateralus said as personal attacks that I actually wouldn't. I'm used to a debate-style culture, but as soon as I picked up on the fact that you guys were more interested in trying to cooperate/compromise and reach a midway solution, I switched tactics. I'm actually not big on the debate style... I can go at it for a while, but it tends to burn me out pretty quickly, and leave me feeling depressed and rejected somehow, even though I know the other people didn't mean it that way.

Moderation and compromise probably does achieve a lot more... maybe that's why Germans are rumored to be so efficient?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

As an American, I am in favor of using more nuclear power and less coal power.

I also favor developing renewable energy resources.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    use Russian oil as long as neccessary
    That's a whole 'nother problem.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Will we export it to Poland and kill this country once again ?
    Hey, entropie you've just given me something to have nightmares about...
    We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull; some have weird names and all are different colours, but they all have to live in the same box.