User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Default Four in ten millionaires* in the US feel they aren't well off.

Apparently they will feel better about their net worth if they had at least $7.5 million in investment capital/assets.

They are the most upbeat about the economy since 2006, but are increasingly concerned about potential tax increases.

http://www.fidelity.com/inside-fidel...e-outlook-2011

*Those who have at least $1 million in investment assets, excluding workplace retirement accounts and any real estate holdings.

MBTI
    INTP

A man knows no anguish quite as agonizing as having his 90' yacht passed by a 105' yacht...

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

So what, your telling me that 4 out of 10 rich people feel that they don't have enough fincical security? Oh boo-hoo them. Greedy bastards like that have no idea how difficult it is to make a living in the middle class alone, nevermind how hard it is to live a decent life in poverty. But their seriously going to admit that they feel they aren't well off and bitch about having to pay more taxes, even though thier the ones who should pay more taxes in the first place . . . :steam:

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I made about 12 grand last year and borrowed 13 to go to school.
    I eat , and have disposable income.
    Last year (2010)
    I flew to Chicago.
    I smoked Cigarettes and still smoke weed.
    Donated money to this site.
    Gave money to the SPCA.
    I even got a new camera.
    I have money in the bank and a big change jar.
    I guess it's all relative.

Go figure.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Bit of a tangent but:-

The mind doesn't need to provide happiness proportional to things like wealth. What it needed to survive was a compulsion to achieve wealth, security and power, and nothing beyond a brief high and minor satisfaction when it is achieved. It needs to maintain that power, security and wealth, and has no reason to leave the mundane emotional range poor, unsafe and powerless people use, as it still works the same regardless.

I'm going off on one here, but might as well since it's an internet forum and I'm seeing this quite a bit. "All people want happiness" is only true insofar as all people enjoy happiness (a tautology, essentially), it is far from true that people desire or strive for their own happiness (and especially maximising it). They tend to strive for short-term temporary highs, which things like money supply. They are rarely concerned directly with increasing their own happiness. Ways to increase happiness beyond the mundane range are well known, but widely ignored because people don't actually want to be happy.

If humans innately wanted to be happy, I doubt they'd still be around now. They have instead evolved to maintain the same emotional cycle that's helped them survive so far, and that's what most do with their time.

To put it in a more colloquial, yet more fallacious way, if you are using a device you own to read this, you are likely at least half as happy as someone with a thousand times your wealth, who has achieved more of their life goals than you, and that has had much more fortune outside of wealth (e.g. romantic or health wise) than you.

MBTI
    INFP

It's cause they got those bitches spendin all they cash

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

it all depends on how you live... whether it's within your means. if 4 out of 10 millionaires are living out of their means, then it comes as no surprise that they feel unstable.

i'd really like to punch anyone in that tax bracket who's whining, though. man up and do some good for your society.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

it all depends on how you live... whether it's within your means. if 4 out of 10 millionaires are living out of their means, then it comes as no surprise that they feel unstable.

i'd really like to punch anyone in that tax bracket who's whining, though. man up and do some good for your society.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    A man knows no anguish quite as agonizing as having his 90' yacht passed by a 105' yacht...

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    Bit of a tangent but:-

The mind doesn't need to provide happiness proportional to things like wealth. What it needed to survive was a compulsion to achieve wealth, security and power, and nothing beyond a brief high and minor satisfaction when it is achieved. It needs to maintain that power, security and wealth, and has no reason to leave the mundane emotional range poor, unsafe and powerless people use, as it still works the same regardless.

I'm going off on one here, but might as well since it's an internet forum and I'm seeing this quite a bit. "All people want happiness" is only true insofar as all people enjoy happiness (a tautology, essentially), it is far from true that people desire or strive for their own happiness (and especially maximising it). They tend to strive for short-term temporary highs, which things like money supply. They are rarely concerned directly with increasing their own happiness. Ways to increase happiness beyond the mundane range are well known, but widely ignored because people don't actually want to be happy.

If humans innately wanted to be happy, I doubt they'd still be around now. They have instead evolved to maintain the same emotional cycle that's helped them survive so far, and that's what most do with their time.

To put it in a more colloquial, yet more fallacious way, if you are using a device you own to read this, you are likely at least half as happy as someone with a thousand times your wealth, who has achieved more of their life goals than you, and that has had much more fortune outside of wealth (e.g. romantic or health wise) than you.
    So basically, what humans actually want (or are programmed to want) is to get high on acquisition.

*hoards gold/acorns*
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"