First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
    I'm sorry that your vacationing home costs too much.
    <====== Here's my vacationing home.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    It's cause they got those bitches spendin all they cash

MBTI
    INTj

I know a few self made millionaires. Their income are not astronomically high. They accumulated their wealth mostly by living below their means. I doubt their neighbors and friends are aware of their financial status.

I kind of sit and think, okay, most people on TypeC live a life where at least they're not dying of thirst, hunger or a lack of clothing or shelter. Do you think it's perfectly fine for denizens in less fortunate countries or even your own country to suggest that what you have should be forcibly taken away from you, where physical harm should be applied to you since you have more than they or others do?

Seriously. If material wealth is something you covet, then go get it yourself by working for it. If you feel it needs to be spread around, then spread your own material wealth which by third world countries, most western country residents are rich in comparison.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I kind of sit and think, okay, most people on TypeC live a life where at least they're not dying of thirst, hunger or a lack of clothing or shelter. Do you think it's perfectly fine for denizens in less fortunate countries or even your own country to suggest that what you have should be forcibly taken away from you, where physical harm should be applied to you since you have more than they or others do?

Seriously. If material wealth is something you covet, then go get it yourself by working for it. If you feel it needs to be spread around, then spread your own material wealth which by third world countries, most western country residents are rich in comparison.

Seriously that's better than the joke about bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

Seriously that's better than the joke about bitches.
    Really? Explain yourself.

Oberon

Of course some millionaires don't feel as though they're well off... that's how they became millionaires. These same people, when they get to seven million, still won't be satisfied. It's not a function of the numbers.

In the same economy, the people who did feel well-off at a net worth of 100K dollars never became millionaires.

I know a guy who started his own high-tech lab business and is a self-made millionaire. He sweats the payroll every month. The guy works harder than anyone else I know, way harder than people who draw a salary. He's one of those that seeing the number in his bank account doesn't comfort him.

Oberon

Really? Explain yourself.
    Lark is Irish. In his mythology the rich are evil by definition.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

If we did something practical like set a baseline, where someone couldn't be dropped below having food, shelter, clothing, health (in my opinion), etc... Than no one could be taken from until they fall below that point, which would obviously return most of the burden to the wealthy since they could have a lot more taken from them before they got to that point.

The concerns aren't all about material wealth, either. I object to great income inequality because it makes for bad power dynamics. The worse our inequality gets, the less of a representative democracy we will have.

At any rate, I'd object to having my money taken from me to go to other countries, but not for moral reasons, but just structural and functional ones. I presumably makes more sense to try equalizing in blocks and then working from there than trying to handle the whole world all at once. And, while this bothers some people, there is something to be said for the power that a first-world nation can have over a third-world one in improving living standards. Let's work on this, okay? If the first world falls apart because it couldn't keep itself from degenerating into plutocracy then everyone else is fucked, too. That's my take.

Finally, when anyone who is rich says "don't complain, you meet your necessities" plus "don't take away my luxury" that's pretty much a double-standard right there.

Seriously. If material wealth is something you covet, then go get it yourself by working for it.
    If only I could expect to become wealthy by working hard.

If you feel it needs to be spread around, then spread your own material wealth which by third world countries, most western country residents are rich in comparison.
    Okay, but I can't give much. Even if I gave down to my bare bones, it wouldn't be nearly as much as someone who say, makes 500 grand a year could give without even doing appreciable damage to their life. There's no way I can slice where I can see why I should be giving the money and a wealthy person shouldn't.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Lark is Irish. In his mythology the rich are evil by definition.
    Hope he gives to charity his income, books and personal goods, over and above what the average Somalian lives on. Otherwise those pesky pirates will come and vandalise his body and home. And that would be okay since Somalians have less.