User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Now, these are people that should survive because they are intelligent enough to solve the problem. The issue is that we are subsidizing poor genetics and stupidity with modern technology.
    She fed them the same formula everybody else uses. Seems to me that using formula is "solving the problem."

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by hereandnow View Post
    Perhaps it's time to consider such approaches to...nah. I'm joking. Have 2.
    i grew up in a large family and can only imagine such. this american "two" is bizarre.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cut the grass View Post
    i grew up in a large family and can only imagine such. this american "two" is bizarre.
    I grew up in a large family, too, and I loved it. But two's plenty for me. Before I had my first I thought I would have five or six, though-- then we had to seriously think hard about having a second. It's a different world.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    She fed them the same formula everybody else uses. Seems to me that using formula is "solving the problem."
    precisely. it is natural for any species to adapt and be extremely resourceful to ensure they have offspring.

MBTI
    INFP

I grew up in a large family, too, and I loved it. But two's plenty for me. Before I had my first I thought I would have five or six, though-- then we had to seriously think hard about having a second. It's a different world.
    yeah i might change my mind too. i guess i'm speaking too soon.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cut the grass View Post
    i have genetic inferiorities too that have been passed down to me... should i not be able to have children? what about people with tourette syndrome? that certainly isn't aiding my ability to reproduce *lol* or do you only think that those suffer from difficulty lactating should be crossed off the map?
    I have no clue what your genetic inferiorities are, nor do I know what specifically causes said syndrome. However, I will say that not all genetic variations are negative in all contexts. Some of them have only been realized and deemed "bad" because they vary from the norm, when, in fact, some have very specific useful purposes that are no longer realized. I believe that many syndromes and psychological "problems" are just a failure of our modern environments to provide for our natural human needs and drives. Let's say you have obsessive compulsion, which might have made you more likely to survive if you gardened for food. Maybe your body holds fat better than others, meaning you are better suited for surviving famines. The list goes on and on.

This, however, is an example of a defect that would make it impossible to reproduce without the assistance of others in the tribe. Therefore, they should only exist in group setting with others that can assist in feeding their offspring, or capable of finding other ways to feed them.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Actually, it's increasing a problem. It's a solution that, as I said, increases the number of genetically inferior and stupid people in the world.

MBTI
    INFP

However, I will say that not all genetic variations are negative in all contexts.
    what about in the context of widening your gene pool?

it is those that inbreed that have a limited gene pool that die of the really bad sydnromes such as anemia.

This, however, is an example of a defect that would make it impossible to reproduce without the assistance of others in the tribe. Therefore, they should only exist in group setting with others that can assist in feeding their offspring, or capable of finding other ways to feed them.
    that's not how it is in the primate world... primates HELP eachother. they don't kill their own young and they don't kill the young of others, in relation to other species. they babysit for chrissake!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Actually, it's increasing a problem. It's a solution that, as I said, increases the number of genetically inferior and stupid people in the world.
    It also increases the number of bright, funny, productive people who would otherwise have starved in infancy. When it was the fallback position, so did wetnursing, on both counts. What makes one better in non-nutritional ways, IYO? Aren't you forcing neolithic values on a modern context?

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I grew up in a large family and I was rather indifferent. They would have been better off with just two (my mother comments that my brothers were a mistake in judgment and they should have stuck to just me as they originally planned...my sister was an accident). After they had my brothers, they were going to stop, and when mom went to the doctor to be sterilized, they found out she was pregnant.

One or two would be more than enough for me in any hypothetical family. Females always seem to want more, though.