User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I know this is cold, but: They are genetically inferior and their offspring should not survive.
    As are nearly all human conditions?

Bet you have your fair share... we all do. As a result, you don't deserve to survive either?

-Geoff

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I certainly hope you follow your own ideals here. Which means that if you've ever used antibiotics to treat an infection that would have killed you if your genes were the only thing protecting you, you'll sterilize yourself forthwith.
    I might as well be sterile to begin with. It really doesn't matter that I'm not.

But seriously. This is ridiculous. We should allow 10% of babies to wither and die, when they can be fed and go on to live completely normal lives? Even our early hominid ancestors wouldn't have done that, if there was another mother who could wetnurse the baby.
    Now, that's a reasonable solution. But in our modern world, this is also very rare. Therefore, if they plan to live the lifestyle, they should only make humans that are suited for it, not create ones that are inferior.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Now, that's a reasonable solution. But in our modern world, this is also very rare. Therefore, if they plan to live the lifestyle, they should only make humans that are suited for it, not create ones that are inferior.
    Again, how are they supposed to know before they have trouble nursing that they're going to have trouble nursing?

MBTI
    INFP

wow wolf.. are you seriously saying these things?

it takes millions of years to "cleanse" a species of an "inferiority"

that is assuming that being unable to nurse your young from your bosom is hereditary..

which it isn't.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cut the grass View Post
    wow wolf.. are you seriously saying these things?

it takes millions of years to "cleanse" a species of an "inferiority"

that is assuming that being able to nurse your young from your bosom is hereditary..

which it isn't.
    actually, lactation problems sometimes do run in families. My sister-in-law was diagnosed with "insufficient glandular tissue" and her grandmother told her that her mother had had to get other women to help out to feed her and all her siblings, and that she was glad when she had babies that there was an alternative.

So my sister-in-law fed my neice and nephew formula through a tube which she taped to her chest and nursed them, so they would get whatever breastmilk they could at the same time. They're both smart as whips-- I have a hard time seeing how their supposed genetic inferiority means they should have died instead, even if they might have to feed their own children something other than human milk.

MBTI
    INFP

i have genetic inferiorities too that have been passed down to me... should i not be able to have children? what about people with tourette syndrome? that certainly isn't aiding my ability to reproduce *lol* or do you only think that those suffer from difficulty lactating should be crossed off the map?

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    actually, lactation problems sometimes do run in families. My sister-in-law was diagnosed with "insufficient glandular tissue" and her grandmother told her that her mother had had to get other women to help out to feed her and all her siblings, and that she was glad when she had babies that there was an alternative.
    At 90%, it wouldn't take long to weed it out, either. A couple generations, tops.

So my sister-in-law fed my neice and nephew formula through a tube which she taped to her chest and nursed them, so they would get whatever breastmilk they could at the same time. They're both smart as whips-- I have a hard time seeing how their supposed genetic inferiority means they should have died instead, even if they might have to feed their own children something other than human milk.
    Now, these are people that should survive because they are intelligent enough to solve the problem. The issue is that we are subsidizing poor genetics and stupidity with modern technology.

MBTI
    INTP

i have genetic inferiorities too that have been passed down to me... should i not be able to have children? ?
    Perhaps it's time to consider such approaches to...nah. I'm joking. Have 2.
    INTP 5W6

MBTI
    INFP

At 90%, it wouldn't take long to weed it out, either. A couple generations, tops.
    no.. in any struggle to survive, the mother would naturally have the child breast feed from another woman. in russia in the 18th century, do you think catherine breast fed her baby? no. she was stripped of him and he was breast fed from another.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

no.. in any struggle to survive, the mother would naturally have the child breast feed from another woman. in russia in the 18th century, do you think catherine breast fed her baby? no. she was stripped of him and he was breast fed from another.
    Exactly. Nobody knows for sure, obviously, but the speculation is that the 10% figure is pretty stable throughout human history because whenever it was possible another mother would nurse the baby, or it would be fed goat's milk that it sucked from a rag.