User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

neh vegans aren't bad people at all. these were just two stupid vegans. stupidity: making everything look bad for centuries.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    Irresponsible [fill in the blank] Portrays All [fill in the blank]s in Bad Light!
    Fixed.

Damn human, making all humans look bad.

Damn carbon-based lifeform, making all carbon-based lifeforms look bad.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    It does seem strange that they didn't bother with breastfeeding even, as that seems the obvious point of the milk being produced. (I'm guessing it is automatically produced, that's what I remember hearing, but I don't know for sure.) However, it does seem that it would be an obvious thing to do, rather than try to work off soy milk and apple juice.

That was a pretty stupid way to handle a baby no matter how it's looked at.
    I've heard of vegans (of the dumb variety) not breastfeeding because even human milk is an "animal product."

Of course, there are times when breastfeeding just doesn't work. I was a childbirth educator and lactation peer counselor for awhile when my daughter was a baby, and there was a time when I didn't believe that, but I've seen enough people do everything "right" to nurse a baby and still have trouble.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    It does seem strange that they didn't bother with breastfeeding even, as that seems the obvious point of the milk being produced. (I'm guessing it is automatically produced, that's what I remember hearing, but I don't know for sure.) However, it does seem that it would be an obvious thing to do, rather than try to work off soy milk and apple juice.

That was a pretty stupid way to handle a baby no matter how it's looked at.
    That seems logical to me, too, but maybe they were freaky hip people that think breast feeding is below them, or worse yet, maybe they believe that breast milk is somehow bad because it comes from a life form.

Stupid people, I say. Humans are omnivores and human children require a diet rich in fat that is usually derived from meat sources. In fact, adult humans need this, too, only not as critically. Vegans couldn't survive if it wasn't for the modern ability to get a wide variety of vegetation shipped long distances.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

The "baby formula" thing is also increasing allergies in children and decreasing immunity... I was thinking about this just last night for some reason as I was driving home.

Breast feeding is the best thing for children.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    The "baby formula" thing is also increasing allergies in children and decreasing immunity... I was thinking about this just last night for some reason as I was driving home.

Breast feeding is the best thing for children.
    Yes, it is. But it isn't always possible.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yes, it is. But it isn't always possible.
    But that is exceedingly rare. If someone can't, they shouldn't be reproducing to begin with.

However, psychological aversion to it is pretty common, because people are idiots.

(On a weird related note, I am superbly curious about the potential for male lactation. While reproducing is something all life does, there's something particularly mammalian about lactation. The ultimate mammal experience, as far as I can see, would be feeding your offspring from your own mammary glands. But, since I will probably never reproduce, it will always be nothing but a dream.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

But that is exceedingly rare. If someone can't, they shouldn't be reproducing to begin with.

However, psychological aversion to it is pretty common, because people are idiots.
    10% is "exceedingly rare?" Because that's the percentage of new mothers who have physiological trouble with breastfeeding.

How is a person supposed to know they're going to have a problem before they have a baby? Personally, I'm glad there's a fallback plan for when there's trouble.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I know this is cold, but: They are genetically inferior and their offspring should not survive.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I know this is cold, but: They are genetically inferior and their offspring should not survive.
    I certainly hope you follow your own ideals here. Which means that if you've ever used antibiotics to treat an infection that would have killed you if your genes were the only thing protecting you, you'll sterilize yourself forthwith.

But seriously. This is ridiculous. We should allow 10% of babies to wither and die, when they can be fed and go on to live completely normal lives? Even our early hominid ancestors wouldn't have done that, if there was another mother who could wetnurse the baby.